No announcement yet.

anyone tried the Carvin X100B reissue??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone tried the Carvin X100B reissue??

Have anyone tried the X100B reissue? I saw a few youtube vids on them, it sounds intriquing. decent features, good sound and a stupid low price!!!!! $650 for a USA made all tube head?? thats just crazy!!!! It makes me want to try one on value alone. anyone here ever try one?
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Got a friend with one. Wonderful amp. Quiet, responsive, VERY tweakable, and takes pedals like a slut.
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Good to know. anyone else?

Comment

MMM, highly recommend, especially with EL34s. Heres a pic of the one I used to have:

It was the punchiest amp Ive ever had, even had more punch than the Powerball. I recorded with it and had to high pass it in editing because it was breaking into the bass's range. It was a one of the best amps Ive ever had, just didnt know it at the time. And I dont care what anyone says, it CAN do thrash/metal, and VERY WELL.
        Last edited by Twitch; 01-27-2012, 03:12 PM.
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Another positive review here. Very good amp for the price and features.

Comment

Ran an old MXR overdrive in front of my friends. Reminded me of my old Lee Jackson. Oh how I miss that :'(
            "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Loved my original one a very good amp for anything.

This one was pretty good too
              Last edited by straycat; 02-01-2012, 02:04 AM.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I am pretty interested in the X100b. I know its apples/oranges comparison....but I am trying to decide either a Mesa Mark V or the Carvin X100B. yea, I know they are two completely different sounding amps. I know this. but they both interested me in their own right. the Mark V has a ton of features, 3 channels, and knobs to tweak (FUN!) but its just over 3 times the cost of the Carvin. the Carvin is 2 channel, not nearly as many options to tweak, but its priced so damn good and seems to have good reviews. maybe I should just lay and wait for hte right deal on a used Mark V, and then get a Carvin as well. the Mark V are just so damn spendy new, and the used ones dont seem to be going for reasonable prices. they are $2250 new, and I think a good used one should be able to be picked up for $1500 or so. if you cant get a used one right, might as well by new and get the full warranty, etc.. so I am fuckin confused on what to do here. any advice or insight is greatly appreciated!

Comment

Go for a Carvin V3.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

if you'd be happy with a straight ahead amp, go for the carvin. if you NEED the tweakability and tone options of the MKV, then go for it. sometimes a simpler circuit can and does sound WAY better than a complex circuit. that's why old fender and marshall amps sound good, nothing really there to muck up the sound!! shoot, if you want a really good, straight forward boogie, grab a MKI!!
                    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      Go for a Carvin V3.
                      +1 on V3. These are great amps. I had one but sold it when I switched over to Randall. I may pickup another one once I get the funds but yea these are great heads. Especially with a G-Force in the effects/midi loop!

Comment

Originally posted by z1n View Post
                        +1 on V3. These are great amps. I had one but sold it when I switched over to Randall. I may pickup another one once I get the funds but yea these are great heads. Especially with a G-Force in the effects/midi loop!
                        Not only did I get a V3 a couple years ago (and I still love it), but I just picked up the V3M recently!
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                        X