No announcement yet.

Rack Tuner - DTR-2 or DTR-1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a fan of rack tuners so I say nay to both.

2 reasons..

its stupid to have to turn your back to the crowd in order to tune
    There are so many good pedal tuners out there why bother with something in a rack thats behind you. I could never understand that.
    I do think the strobing back and forth light looks cool though.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
      In a Kit voice, "Yes, Michael"

joe...
      www.godwentpunk.com
      www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
        Not a fan of rack tuners so I say nay to both.

2 reasons..

its stupid to have to turn your back to the crowd in order to tune
        There are so many good pedal tuners out there why bother with something in a rack thats behind you. I could never understand that.
        well....... You think it's stupid to turn around and I think it's stupid to look down at your feet.

either way does anyone tune while in the middle of a song? ( I would hope not ) so looking at your rack, or looking down to see that pedal is still looking away from your crowd. AND a rack tuner is so huge you can see it from anywhere on the stage not just while your snuggled up in front of your pedal board.

this may sound like a "lets start a fight post" but please let's not fight, I'm just asking why you think it is stupid?
        http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

I don't think a rack tuner is stupid and I've used them in my racks before. But for live use, I agree with jgcable, I prefer a good pedal tuner. I normally don't tune mid song but if I hear something out of whack I can quickly hit the tuner pedal button which mutes the output and tune the bad string then click the pedal again and continue playing without having to turn around. My favorite tuner these days is the Korg Pitchblack.
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

you know, there are times when I sometimes FORGET that you all play 6string guitars that tend to go out of tune more often than a bass.
            I also like that Korg and for 70-80 bucks, that's really nice and if it works and tracks quickly on a bass, I would buy one for my supplies bag when I am not dragging the rack around. For me it would be pointless on stage since I use no pedals. all effects are in the rack with one controller coming from it, but usually I set it and never have to be around a cord for the whole show. ( no switching clean/distort/echo/chorus all over the place to fit the point in a song where it is needed on guitar )

so yes I can now see the point of not wanting to look over at the rack.
            http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

I love the pitchblack. Clear indication of sharp/flat and fast response.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I have a pitchblack as well. That's what I've been using for years. But with my RM100's annoying line level loops, I have rack FX now. And I don't gig anyway. But the crowd in my head doesn't mind when I tune..
                Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
                  I have a pitchblack as well. That's what I've been using for years. But with my RM100's annoying line level loops, I have rack FX now. And I don't gig anyway. But the crowd in my head doesn't mind when I tune..
                  Just curious, what's annoying about the RM100's loop? I've had good luck with the loop of my RM100. Anyway the Korg Pitchblack is available in a polytune version for those of you interested in that, although I'm perfectly happy with the standard version.
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

Have a DTR2 and its been great for many years
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                      Just curious, what's annoying about the RM100's loop?
                      Just that most of my time based pedals boost or cut volume when on. I'm using a cheap Digitech ValveFX and a FCB1010 now and all is fine. Still have my EQ in the series loop but everything else in the rack.
                      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Working...
                      X