No announcement yet.

Rack users, questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id forgotten about the VS jobs, another viable option. Seeings how I scoured my known resources for the big Marshall PAs and found nothing, these didnt show up either. In a couple weeks, who knows.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

GC has one. You can order it shipped to your local store, try it out, and return it if you don't like it.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store...81-i2167584.gc
      "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Ah, cool. Apparently I didnt have the price low enough.
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

The Rocktron 300 is an EXCELLENT power amp and works great with modelers. I used one with my Axe-Fx and 11 Rack. The front panel controls really make a difference. I prefer solid state over tube for the better modelers, since the tube emulation is already there.

Comment

when i used racks, i had the marshall valvestate 80/80 (total turd), a peavey classic 50/50 (very creamy and rich, but little clean headroom since it is loaded with el84s) and finally, a rivera hammer 120 (this is the one i kept for a LONG time - it was a BEAST).

i was using an ADA MP1, soldano SP77 and X88R preamps. the valvestate sounded like a toy. it had NO "oomph" and made my preamps sound very neutered. i liked the peavey for playing lead....especially with the X88R. rhythm, on the other had - especially clean, i was only happy when the amp was turned down and i wasn't getting the tubes too hot. the peavey got "sloppy" as it got hot. the rivera was perfect. is was/is basically the power stage of my S120 head. two 60 watt amps that can be run in pentode/triode, full/half power with presence and focus controls, fan cooled - but it weighs a TON and takes up 3 or 4 rack spaces.

ultimately, i found that i had just as many options by running a head with an effects rack instead of going with an all-inclusive rack. selling oof all that gear afforded me to buy a JCM800 2204 and a mesa MKIV!!!
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I have a 9200 5881.

It is 3U.

There is a fan on the back and holes in the sides. Top plate is solid.

It is 13" deep and NEEDS rear support, otherwise you will bend the front mounts.

I also have the JMP-1.

This is 1U and has 1 vent in the top panel right next to a tube.

To be fair I don't think it actually does anything, so I plant other pieces over it.

Comment

Originally posted by bratfink View Post
                I have a 9200 5881.

It is 3U.

There is a fan on the back and holes in the sides. Top plate is solid.

It is 13" deep and NEEDS rear support, otherwise you will bend the front mounts.

I also have the JMP-1.

This is 1U and has 1 vent in the top panel right next to a tube.

To be fair I don't think it actually does anything, so I plant other pieces over it.
                Yes, the 9200 has a solid top panel but the EL-34 version has top vents. They do have fans though. Thats why in the rack I put the EL-34 in I left an open space above it. The 9200 won't need the space above it but if I have the room in the rack I leave space above that one too. Its just not an absolute necessity. Marshall recommends securing these power amps at the front and rear but there is no rear face plate to attach anything to rack rails, and you would need just the right depth rack to do it anyway :think:
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                  Marshall recommends securing these power amps at the front and rear but there is no rear face plate to attach anything to rack rails, and you would need just the right depth rack to do it anyway :think:
                  I believe they used to offer a braket for rear mounting. There are holes drilled in the case, I just bent up my own brakets with a hammer and the corner of a table (a strong one) and drilled the holes where I needed them and hung the back that way.

If the power amp is in the bottom slot you can always just put something underneath it for support.

Comment

Originally posted by bratfink View Post
                    I believe they used to offer a braket for rear mounting. There are holes drilled in the case, I just bent up my own brakets with a hammer and the corner of a table (a strong one) and drilled the holes where I needed them and hung the back that way.

If the power amp is in the bottom slot you can always just put something underneath it for support.
                    Yeah, my power amp is at the bottom of the rack. I've never seen the bracket at the rear that you mentioned. Thanks for that info!
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Power amp is usually the heaviest thing in he rack anyway, so they're always at the bottom. No sense in making it top-heavy...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                        Power amp is usually the heaviest thing in he rack anyway, so they're always at the bottom. No sense in making it top-heavy...
                        Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                        X