pro tools users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
    Mark make sure you tweak your computer out for recording. There is some great info on that here (you can also search for more direct things like windows xp or windows 7):

http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/...ation&-find=Go!
    HA HA:

I followed the steps in that link and it fucked my system!

Apparently the Presonus license is attached to the mac address, which means I can't disable either network card!

Comment

Not a PT user but good, warm vintage style compressors are essential. I really like Waves API emulators and Eddie Kramer signature stuff for some things.

But this is standard stuff. Plenty of companies make good compressors.

But what I find great about Waves is that they have some stuff that really helps when some tracks just suck balls.
      You know no good, tight low end for bass at all no matter how you EQ and compress.
      Tracks are too dark and too small and EQing just makes them harsh.
      Vocals are buried, bringing them upfront brings out all the nasty characters.
      etc. etc.
      I've been using Chris Lord Alge signature plug-ins and let me tell you that shit does some miracles.
      Even if you have good sounding tracks, CLA stuff can make them sound HUGE!
      I think they sell them on separate bundle too.
      Jack Joseph Puig signature stuff is similar but I haven't tested it that much yet.
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

i have been eyeing the signature stuff - mostly the CLA and the Maserati plug-ins. there are some eddie kramer and JJP i have been looking at too. sweetwater sells a lot of them separate, so i can just get the ones i think will be cool.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X