Mesa Heartbreaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Heartbreaker

Just checking this one out pretty much vintage type Mesa no super gain monster.
    6L6 power 100/60 watt, great reverb and the cleans are out of this world.Takes OD pedals well.
    I would say 70's rock and blues is what this does well.Spanky clean tweed tone very very nice.
    Channel 2 I set up to crank out some very smooth Marshall JTM 45 over driven tone.
    In all its more like a Marshall JTM 45 than any Mesa I have tried.
    Over all a great amp if you aren't into high gain amps.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

cool!! i have always liked mesa's "oddball" amps. my particular favorite is the maverick. one of these days i will buy one. the heartbreaker is cool, too. do you own that one?
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

It belongs to a friend, his band uses Mesa MK II's and III's and this one didn't quite fit their needs so He said you want to try it out?
      My guess he will sell it if I don't buy or trade him out of it.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I dig the odd Mesas too.I use a MKIII as my main amp. Allways wanted a Heart Breaker. Also the Electro Dyne is one of the coolest sounding amps I have ever heard.
        H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

My friend has both the Mark IV and the Heartbreaker combo amps that he leaves at my house to use for band work. Both sound great for heavy blues or rock. Both are Bollocks for Metal! Which is what I play... Doh.

Comment

Originally posted by bratfink View Post
            My friend has both the Mark IV and the Heartbreaker combo amps that he leaves at my house to use for band work. Both sound great for heavy blues or rock. Both are Bollocks for Metal! Which is what I play... Doh.
            A Mark IV doesn't do metal? :think: Yours must be defective...
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              A Mark IV doesn't do metal? :think: Yours must be defective...
              No combo can do metal. Jesus TJ, at least one 412 is a prerequisite.

BF, dont listen to toejam, fuck toejam.
              HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

LOL My old F-30 1x12 combo did metal just fine, and the Mark IV does, too.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

F30, yet another odd ball Boogie. On a serious note BF. The Mark series amps have tones inside from pure shit to evil bliss. Sometimes though, the good tones are hard to find. Like any amp with that many tone shaping options, youll have to fiddle (no pun intended) with them for a couple days to find the tone you like. Trust me, the MKIV can do what youre looking for, but it may take you a minute to dial it in.
                  Last edited by Twitch; 01-03-2012, 04:34 PM.
                  HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Yeah, it can go there. I have found some extra gain in a few of the switches. But I like to have 2 different channels of high gain for lead and rhythm. I can't seem to find 2 channels worth of high gain tone I like. Plus it gets real noisy at any of the high gain settings.

The Heartbreaker is probably better for high gain work to be honest, but since I recently fucked one of the channels on it I don't use it now.

I suppose I was being unfair saying they won't do it, but I think I'll stick with my Marshall's.

BTW Twitch I tried your Engl in Gay Center the other week. Wish I'd seen your for sale ad here before you gave it away to them! It sold already but I was seriously considering buying it.

Comment

I used to own a MkIII with all the bells and whistles. I was way too young and crappy for that kind of amp but I paid for it myself and that's what I wanted at the time. I remember it sounding great at lower volumes but not so much turned up louder. Tremendous gain. Distortion pedals made no difference whatsoever with that amp. The EQ was cool too.

At the time I bought the Boogie, 86 or 87, I had the chance to buy an original Marshall 100W full stack in red tolex, for about the same price. I now wish I had, but also know it would've taken abt a millisecond of cracking the volume to know it would have been totally unusable for me at the time.

Ya, my Marshalls aren't going anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                      X