Roland VG-88 in the house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland VG-88 in the house

I owned a VG-8EX a while back and it was awesome. Just picked up a VG-88 and there is nothing worse than having it sitting at home with no Roland ready guitar or anything with a GK-2A or GK-3A pickup on it.
    Its just a useless lump of crap. I got it on Friday afternoon and have been staring at it since then. It hasn't made a single noise.
    Rats.

E-Bay for a used GK pickup, or if you prefer a midi ready guitar there was a guy on E-Bay that sells them modded with a GK pickup. He puts up videos of them on Youtube so you can see/hear the guitar. I got a Jackson DK-2 off him which has the two onboard up/down program buttons as well as toggle to turn on the GK, the standard pickups, or a blend of both. There is a 13 pin midi jack installed in the guitar as well. I'd recommend going that route.
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

I tried a VG99 recently wi†h my SL2H. Didn't last one jam session with it. Sounded terrible imo. Sold it all back on ebay, at least I got a free expression pedal out of the deal.
      2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
      Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Originally posted by Animus View Post
        I tried a VG99 recently wi†h my SL2H. Didn't last one jam session with it. Sounded terrible imo. Sold it all back on ebay, at least I got a free expression pedal out of the deal.
        Yea, the jury is out until I get it to band rehearsal. Just because it sounds great at home doesn't mean its gonna sit right with the band.
        If not.. I will have a blast noodling around with it at home.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
          Yea, the jury is out until I get it to band rehearsal. Just because it sounds great at home doesn't mean its gonna sit right with the band.
          If not.. I will have a blast noodling around with it at home.

You might like it. I found it more as "effects" with the modeling. I'd rather just get the real guitars it models.
          2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
          Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Its simply incredible. I just can't put the darn thing down. There is a Youtube video of this guy demo'ing all the factory presets. He is a decent player and makes some pretty funny faces when he is playing and when you listen to it you will say "there is no way this thing is going to sound that good". Well.. It does. This guy is using factory presets for everything. It really does sound that good.
            Just simply amazing. If you are a strat guy and you get into the mood to play a LP. No problem. Just dial one up. How about a Rick? How about a Rick 12 string? or a nylon guitar or open tuning for those cool Stones songs or the killer Nashville tuning or how about a capo anywhere you want it? How about a Les Paul with strat pickups or a hollowbody with a PAF in the neck? Anything you want you can have. You can build just about any guitar you can think of and then dial up a host of killer amps and cabinets and add effects. Best thing is there is virtually no learning curve. Its extremely easy to navigate.

Comment

Working...
            X