Old pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old pedals

Was in one closet cleaning out some boxes and found these.

The flanger was in its box with the manual(dated 85).Did some tweaking and still works just fine.
    More sweep and depth than the newer ones I have tried so it will go on the pedal board.
    The EH screaming bird needs a battery so we'll see later today if it works.
    Love finding stuff in the closet.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

DUDE!!!!!! want to sell the screaming bird?????
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Need to do a little research on it first and give it a good cleaning inside.Put a battery in it test it out.

Comment

the screaming bird, does it have a plug built into it? Never seen that in a pedal before.
        Sam

Comment

Yeah the amp side does have one.Waiting for an email from EH to see what I have here.
          I bought this back in the 70's so its an early one from what I can find out.Still doing research ATM.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
            the screaming bird, does it have a plug built into it? Never seen that in a pedal before.
            I've seen effects with plugs built into them before, but they usually plug straight into the guitar and you plug the cable in the other end and out to the amp.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Looks like the black letter version was the first and it plugs in the amp, some later versions have the plug on the guitar side,some use the std two plugs.

Comment

Well...kinda off/on topic my wife found police equipment I've been lookin' for since I retired. ...fuck yeah!!

This shit is already "vintage"..from the 90's..
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I would be honored to own one of your very well used night sticks with with the blood of street scum on it.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                    Looks like the black letter version was the first and it plugs in the amp, some later versions have the plug on the guitar side,some use the std two plugs.
                    There's also a new version which is a standard pedal.
                    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...-effects-pedal
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I had one of those Screaming Birds back in the late 70's but mine plugged directly into the guitar. They also had one that you could mount in a guitar and it had a little switch on it. Brad Gillis had something like it. I had a few of his guitars.
                      That thing is cool and totally vintage.

Regarding the Arion Flanger... underated pedal. Cheap and sounds great. Pretty sturdy too.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                        I would be honored to own one of your very well used night sticks with with the blood of street scum on it.
                        Hahhaa..those are actually kinda mint. Too bothersome to carry. I used to go light as possible. No pepper spray, no vest, no tasers back then..just my words, balls, gun and cuffs. But I LOVED Maglites, but I broke two of them. But I still have one with alot of ...ummm..miles on it. I developed my own tactic..that's right. Later used by George W..called the "shock and awe"..That when I blind them with light, then they saw stars.

Speaking of old pedals my dad's friend gave my a hardwired Maestro Fuzz tone. Sounds like Poop, and doesn't work. My favorite flangers BITD were the original MXRs, Then ADA, and the very and awesome red Ross Flanger..in fact I think the Ross was my favorite. But my very favorite rack delay was a Bel Lab BD-80. Not only did it look awesome. I thought it sounded godly!! Second was my rack Chandler digital echo with hi cut. But the newer MXR Carbon Copy sound amazing. I'm buying one for my son for Christmas.
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I have never heard of that screaming bird....... I have an EH LPB-1 booster that looks alot like that one. are they similar models????
                          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

No the LPB is a flat-ish boost, the Bird is a high boost. Like a Dallas Rangemaster treble booster.
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I was discussing the bird today with a friend who collects vintage pedals and he stated they were a bit like the Dallas Arbiter Rangemaster.
                              Got it working to night but still need to clean the slide switch kinda hit and miss.
                              Its got tons of high boost enough to split an eardrum.
                              He had to mention he bought an early Dallas Arbiter (silver) fuzz face.

Comment

Working...
                              X