Played a VHT SigX in Chicago last Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Played a VHT SigX in Chicago last Week

Let me just say I put my Framus Cobra up for sale after playing this amp.
    The Framus is killer for high gain metal - which I don't play anymore.

The VHT was simply stunning. I am on the hunt.

Also will be keeping my VHT 50ST - it has a really really cool EL84 sound going for it.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Goddamnit if I dont have the money for a Cobra right now.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

The SigX is a beast for sure. Almost picked one up a few months ago.Very different than the Framus but still kick ass.

The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't have a global master like the Cobra. I think the channel masters may act as an effect loop send so if you crank it, you're giving the loop a hotter signal. Also, turn the loop off if you don't use it as it's controls will affect the sound a bit.

I read a rumor on the Facebook Cobra group that Framus might be discontinuing their amps. If it's true, you might have a collectors item.

Comment

The Cobra is definitely also kick @$$. I had a Dragon and a Cobra and the Cobra was the nicer one in terms of overall tone and gain (IMO). The VHT does lack the master volume, but it has the boost on each channel, which is also a great feature. If you sell your Cobra, look me up as I have a SigX I'm letting go.

Comment

Pete (lhrocker) is selling that exact amp in the classifieds!! Its supposed to be my amp but nobody is buying my Randall RM100 so it can be yours!

Comment

I have heard Fryette updated the design. Switches normally were burning out in the VHT model and the tubes run really hot as the plate voltage is excessively high. I don't know all the problems these SigX's have had but the Fryette version is suppose to have fixed them all.
            PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Working...
            X