Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i just wanna thank you guys for your reccomendation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i just wanna thank you guys for your reccomendation.

as I said I picked up a 6505+ combo today and you guys did not steer me wrong. Its just what I was looking for. Plenty of gain, crisp, and very articulate. It brings out nuances and flaws in my playing that I never noticed while still sounding mean as hell. The clean channel also isn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be, with the crunch I can get some decent blues sounds, even get some BLUES ROCK CHATTER! xD my only complaint, which isn't really even a complaint because its inherent to having 1 speaker, is that it doesn't sound as full. But tomorrow ima hook up my other cab and crank that bitch.

Anyway, thanks again guys.
    I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

thats great! congrats on the amp!!!! and if you can get blues rock chatter with it, well thats just icing on the cake.
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Thanks tone.

Upon further tweaking and figuring out some of the knobs. (The whole pre post thing had me confused for a bit) I've found that the actual CLEANS are nearly non existent. Picture you playing your guitar not plugged in, now immagine that slightly amplified, that's the cleans. Good thing cleans don't mean shit tho.

Comment

6505's have some cleans in there just have to dial things back.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Fuck "cleans"...lo... as long as it delivers the goods. My maon iin amp is a combo too and it's not bad on its own with a single 12, but it's nothing compared to when it's driving a cab or two. I like having the option of portability albeit with much reduced sound quality, in a pinch. It's cool that you like the amp...I've heard nothing but good things about those.

Comment

With the post on like 2 or 3 and the reverb cranked on 7 I can live with the cleans. This is my first amp with spring reverb and no digital gain and I love the difference. Im glad I asked the right people and I will for sure come to you all next time I need some advice.

Comment

Oh..you wait 'till you plug that into a decent cab. Shefields or celestions will do. I plugged it into one of my Marshall 1960 cabs..WOW!! You can find 5150'6505/Peavey celestion cabs cheaper for the most part. I have a 2-12" Marshall cab lined up for the kid..it's his birthday this month. Mint for 200 bucks..can't beat it. For now he's playing thru one of my old Peavey PA 15" cabs as an extension. I dunno..that thing does give it alot of bottom. You can hear the combo speaker more..but you can feel the 15"..

IMO!! For a portable LOUD tube amp that sounds like that ..best bang for the buck! The only thing it needs is a Boss NS-2 or simple Rocktron Hush pedal to keep it quiet. Lots of gain..makes lots of noise. These are facst!

The reverb on it sounds nice with the crunch channel. He was in the basement playing crazy blues. I thought to myself.."Fuck yeah"..

I'm such a nice dad. I taught him well..now he's teaching me stuff.

Congrats man..you gotta nice amp!

Bill Z
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
              X