Peavey Ultra Plus 120 watt head ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Ultra Plus 120 watt head ?

Are the Ultras good amps, similar to any other Peaveys? What would be a good price?

Thanks for any info, Shane.

Killer amp, if it's in great shape and you can get it 300-400 or under? I wouldn't hesitate myself.

Comment

They are great amps!! Especially with an EQ in the loop. I sold mine for $225 I think and it was in almost mint condition. Was on CL for a while dropping the price. Didn't want to let it go that cheap but had no real interest. Crappy market maybe but still thought it was way cheap..
      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

I have one and love it, a great amp IMO.
        Very different from the XXX more thick sounding to me.Good FX loop too.
        Mine has a switch issue with the reverb so I use a midiverb III rack unit in the loop.
        I paid around $250.00 for it.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks for the replys, there is one here in Dallas CL for 450.00. I thought that might be too much, but it looks like its in good condition.

Thanks Shane

Comment

If you can talk them down to $375.00 its worth a try.Still a bit high at $450.00 IMO but a very good amp.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I've got one sitting in my garage - killer amp for it's price. Dropped in some JJs and \m/

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner View Post
                Thanks for the replys, there is one here in Dallas CL for 450.00. I thought that might be too much, but it looks like its in good condition.

Thanks Shane
                If you can talk them down that's great, but the amp is really worth $450 when you compare it to similar used amps. Especially if it has the footswitch with it. We are used to the used prices of several years ago, but it depends on how much you like the amp. Most people like them better than the XXX and THAT is a $450 or more used amp, so look at it that way. It's a few years older, but do you like it better? It's worth what it's worth to you after you've played it.

Of course I have a Triumph PAG 60 combo, older yet, that I paid $219 for plus $35 shipping several years ago. Very happy with it, though it is not as nice as an Ultra Plus. But I can get the sound I want with it, so it rocks for me!
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

My bud had a older Ultra..the first series. A blue strip if I recall. He liked it better than the 5150 (when new) at that time, and he was all about VH. The newer ones sound much heavier I believe. Never tried them. The XXX, 6505 and the underrated 3120 really kick ass. I had a tan classic 50 combo that sounded great. My kid recently bought a 6505+ 1-12" combo and it truly rocks. Not like the older 5150 2-12"..I didn't like those much.

Oh I also tried a Valveking and a cheap Windsor..even that sounded nice. I don't think you can really go wrong with a Ultra 120..

Here's a random Youtube Ultra120/Mesa Recto comparison. This vid reminds me why I hate the Mesa buzzbox..>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWFJg...eature=related

I bought the dual Recto and 5150 when they came out. In fact I bought the first to arrive in my area. To me there was no comparison. I traded the Recto for a Soldano HR100. Then I just got another 5150 and ran those in stereo. I've been running amps in stero since..like a huge set of headphones..
                  Last edited by horns666; 10-17-2011, 11:31 AM.
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hey Rich!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Mine is with a 1/2 stack.
                      Got for $300 from a friend.
                      It pumps.

Comment

Here's the early style version my ol' bud had. This playing style is not my cup o'joe..but he's good, which makes all the difference in the world.>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpG5n...eature=related

Here's Rich's Triumph 60..I think It's Peavey day! Again it's nice to hear a decent player when listening to samples>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdPBN...eature=related
                        Last edited by horns666; 10-17-2011, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Thank you very much!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X