• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kemper Profiling Amp.

Interesting....

http://www.gizmag.com/kemper-profiling-amp/19588/
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

So, let me get this straight. The profiler sends signals through the amp thats desired to be emulated, you then take the line out of the target amp back to the profiler and the profiler makes its readings and calculations, much like an oscilloscope. The result is the profiler takes its calculations of frequency response and sets its self accordingly resulting in a near perfect replication of the tone? An interesting concept. I have two issues with this though. 1. You have to have the target amp available to you, and if you already have the target amp available to you, then why emulate it? 2. It seems like an awefully involved process that the novice player probably couldnt figure out effectively.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
      You have to have the target amp available to you, and if you already have the target amp available to you, then why emulate it?
      You ever hear the story about that magic marshall head that George Lynch used and Slash stole from the rental company? Or say your buddy has this amp that just sounds unbelieveably awesome and you wish you could play through it whenever you wanted. Well, all you need to do is run the convolution sample on them and then you have not just a Marshall head modeled, but that specific Marshall head/cabinet/mic combo.

It's like all modellers though. The proof will be in the playing. I will say the dude needs to work on his industrial design. The formfactor on this thing is shit.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
        You ever hear the story about that magic marshall head that George Lynch used and Slash stole from the rental company? Or say your buddy has this amp that just sounds unbelieveably awesome and you wish you could play through it whenever you wanted. Well, all you need to do is run the convolution sample on them and then you have not just a Marshall head modeled, but that specific Marshall head/cabinet/mic combo.

It's like all modellers though. The proof will be in the playing. I will say the dude needs to work on his industrial design. The formfactor on this thing is shit.
        Ill buy that. Also I agree with the looks of the thing, it looks more like a short wave transceiver than a guitar amp.
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I'm not readin' nuthin' from Gizmag...i'll get a virus!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

haha Bill it Giz as in "gizmo". It's a technology/gadget site. "This is not the giz you are looking for..."
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Here's the vids for those disinclined to read...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZWMzwwsVe0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGEHTr8vqQ8
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Without seeing it in person I think it looks pretty sweet.. But at $1850 I'm out!! I'll keep my RM100.
                Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Working...
                X