No announcement yet.

NAD, ENGL Content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what I'm finding as well. Its usually just cheaper to buy a new cab than to replace the speakers unless you can find a decent used deal.

Comment

HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Problem solved!

Can't wait to get this hooked up next weekend. Now I just need to find a flight case for it since my old one will be too small! :think:

Comment

Sounding good twitch! \m/
          I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Nice tone Tweetch!

Cool crunchages and squealishios!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Videos IS NOT ME guys. I posted it for SP so he could maybe get an idea about the Vader cab.

Comment

You tricked me...Godammit!!!

For that...I skeetchoo!!!
                Last edited by horns666; 09-13-2011, 03:14 PM.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                  You tricked me...Godammit!!!

For that...I skeetchoo!!!

You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

Ahh maaan, thats gonna be hell to clean up.

Comment

cool video, Twitch. Nice riffage. What guitar were you using?
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                        cool video, Twitch. Nice riffage. What guitar were you using?
                        Alright, fine, it WAS me. I was using my 80s dragon inlay PRS that I got by holding a radio station hostage.

Heres a pic from that day, thats me in the middle.
                        Last edited by Twitch; 09-13-2011, 06:14 PM.

Comment

dude, you look just like Encino Man!!
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

So, I mentioned earlier that the PB sounded thin live. There is no way in hell that can be the case now. Ive changed two things about it. 1. I had mentioned the two different pairs of tubes that was in the power section. They were installed as follows, A1,B1,A2,B2. I switched them to a pair on the inside and a pair on the outside as opposed to the alternation they were in. It made a difference. I had to turn the resonance in the power section down and chords got much more defined and clear. It also developed a growl to the tone that wasnt there before. Kind of an over all unique character to the tone. Before the amp just sounded like any other amp but with loads more preamp gain and bass. Now, it seems to have that tonal character I expected from it when I got it that was absent. It sounds like you think an ENGL should now tone wise.

2. I bumped the mids up to 2 oclock. Before I had been running them at around 11 oclock. I thought initially I would hate this change, but right in front of the cab it has really evened things out, and added bite to staccato riffs. Standing up in front of it I find the tone a little unpleasant but still acceptable, but at speaker level, its glorious, and thats where it counts.

I had already been running the mids around 3 oclock for the last two gigs, but swapping those power tube pairs to the inside and outside made the biggest difference. This things a beast now, not that it was tame to begin with. Cant wait to see how it goes at practice sat and the next gig. Im gonna make that jack ass sound guy Marshall fan boys balls drop. Piece of trash indeed!!

Comment

I FINALLY got to play an ENGL!!! A Ritchie Blackmoore model..and loved it!

I was going to buy it right there, but I', keeping my options open and waiting to see what ENGL will be up to with Jeff Loomis. I talked to a freind that toured with 2 PBs and told me that would be a good idea.

Besides, it's not like I need good tone..I have that. Just a little "GAS" for something new. I haven't bought any new gear for some time, but I have many toys I don't play with. If I want something "new" I should try to break out one of the guitars in their time capsules and play with it.

I want a Les Paul, Rudy posted a pic of his awesome Sykes look-alike and I LOVE it!!

BTW; That does make sense man. I can't see a PB sounding like shit really. Something had to be F'd up..I'm thinkin'. Tubes make a huge difference!

Comment

Working...
                              X