Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Whammy pedal with Drop tune capability.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Whammy pedal with Drop tune capability.

Just saw one of these at the local dealer last week. I'm curious to see some reviews to check out how well it works.

http://www.digitech.com/en-US/products/whammy-dt
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

I have a WH4 and it colors the tone--it adds a synthetic sound to my guitar tone. I would assume this does the same thing.

Comment

If you've already got a Wah pedal, there's always the Prometheus Drop Tune.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
        If you've already got a Wah pedal, there's always the Prometheus Drop Tune.
        Prometheus?

you mean Morpheus.
        Last edited by emperor_black; 08-15-2011, 04:19 PM.
        Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
          Prometheus?

you mean Morpheus.
          OK, it's late and I've had crap day
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
            I have a WH4 and it colors the tone--it adds a synthetic sound to my guitar tone. I would assume this does the same thing.
            Yeah the drop tuning seems like it's a seperate 'circuit' that works along side the Whammy effect (ie you can whammy the retuned signal.) And I agree my WH4 colors the crap out of the sound. Apparently the 1st gen Whammy's used a different chip that worked better but were more expensive and Digitech didn't renew the license and developed their own replacement chip. That's all heresay on my part though, I don't know if it's true or not.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Wh-1's are awesome, but totally colour the sound. Thats part of why I love mine so much, that unpolyphonic warbling. Wh4s sound great for the money though, and I'm interested in this one because of the tuning shizz. Whammys are more fun then wahs, and I've got 5 of those so whats another whammy?

Comment

Sticker price is about $100 more for a whammy DT vs WH4 by the way. I don't know what kind of difference it would be in Aus.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Prolly in the thousands. A month from now I'm gonna be in the states so I'll get to check out some new toys! And maybe pick something cool up. But playing in so many different tunings is an excellent excuse for having too many guitars...

Comment

Exactly my excuse for my second Rhoads! Even though both are in E standard haha.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                    X