New amp day: Randall RT50C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New amp day: Randall RT50C

Why is it every time I take an amp home, I can smell what I can only describe as fresh sawdust? Nasty. Here's to many hours trying to get a better sound...
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

perhaps you have a neighbor that celebrates your amp purchases by sawing up some boards???
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

could be the neighbours constructing baffling in prep for your many hours of tone chasing
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Wrong. I could smell it whilst it sat boxed in the boot of an estate car whilst I sat in the front passenger seat. I remember the same thing happening when I previously brought a Marshall valve combo home. Perhaps the polystyerene and plastic heating up in the box?
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Sooo, you finally got your Randall!
          About the smell, maybe just too much juice for those poor combo amps to handle your Warriors. ;-b
          -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Nope. The staff member made that RT50C and GT-10 sound fantastic when I previously demo'd it 2 months ago. Even the factory presets on the GT-10 sounded fantastic thru that amp back then. I hope I have better luck when that Marshall JMD finally shows up.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

you sure it's not just the smell of the cardboard the amps come in?
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Congrats, have fun, dont piss your neighbors off too bad, unless you dont like them, then just let it feed back while you go out to the store.
                HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Already thought of that plan
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                    you sure it's not just the smell of the cardboard the amps come in?
                    Its the dust settling on the tubes. But I'm not changing them til they die.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                      Nope. The staff member made that RT50C and GT-10 sound fantastic when I previously demo'd it 2 months ago. Even the factory presets on the GT-10 sounded fantastic thru that amp back then. I hope I have better luck when that Marshall JMD finally shows up.
                      Ah, so we have another victim of that "music store vibe."
                      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Let the tubes and electronics burn in for a while. You have to consider that the demo amp had been used quite a bit while your amps fresh out of the box, literally. It will warm up. Quit posting in the happy 4th thread and play it and play it a lot. Im currently breaking in new power tubes in my 6505+ and its a little rough, but in a few hours, it will be back to its nice bouncy self.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post

Why is it every time I take an amp home, I can smell what I can only describe as fresh sawdust? Nasty. Here's to many hours trying to get a better sound...
                          Congrats on the Randall. Try and post a review when you can. I've had my eye on
                          this one..

Comment

I fucked up in my previous comment - what I meant was that I didn't save the GT-10's settings when the shop guy constructed a fantastic patch, using this amp. It was during that demo, the amp was cranked so loud, I had to stand 10 metres away whilst I played. Times like this when I wish I had a room as big as the shop floor. Amp was £739, stand £30 - I got them for £730 + £20 taxi fare.
                            Last edited by wilkinsi; 07-08-2011, 01:56 PM.
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

You get this mofo tuned in yet?? Hows the stock lead channel btw? Ive always liked Randall so Im curious about this line, reeeeal curious, but havent come across one to play with yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X