Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 anyone here own one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 anyone here own one?

I'm thinking this will be my next as my Marshall VS65r is buggered and i only playing my Pod X3 through headphones as it can't bypass the preamp in the VS65r well.

Whats it like? is it a proper tube amp? i've never owned a tube amp before.

Its ok to gig with right? i mean your sound volume comes through the PA anyway.

Does it give off proper amp characteristics? like my PodX3 has no character compared to how the Marshall VS65r has those little characteristics of being an amp that amp modellers don't capture. Thats pretty much my MAIN thing im after that it sounds like an amp!
    USA Jackson RR1
    Charvel Model 6
    Jackson Performer-2
    Orange Dark Terror
    EVH 5150 LBX
    Hello Senòr

yes it does. anyone that cant gig with one of those doesnt know how to set up an amp for live use.

They are unreliable, tho.
    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

I have the Vypyr 15. It is the best high-gain modeling amp I've played. I hear nothing but good things about the Tube series, but the whole series is a little unreliable. I have to let mine warm up before plugging in the guitar cable on cold days or it freezes. I don't know if I'd trust one for my main amp.
      Scott

Comment

anyone else have experience with the 60 watt version?

is it more reliable since they were released?
        USA Jackson RR1
        Charvel Model 6
        Jackson Performer-2
        Orange Dark Terror
        EVH 5150 LBX
        Hello Senòr

Comment

Anyone here own a vypyr 60 yet?
          USA Jackson RR1
          Charvel Model 6
          Jackson Performer-2
          Orange Dark Terror
          EVH 5150 LBX
          Hello Senòr

Comment

I've had a T60 for a few months now and posted on it after I purchased it. It sounds fantastic--like a real tube amp plus you get all the benefits of a modeling amp. If you switch between pre-sets it can be a bit glitchy. I'm not sure if it's the amp or the processor in the SP II foot pedal. Unlike most SS amps this one is a computer and some issues can be resolved by re-booting it. This amp has too many features that I will never use so I may end up replacing it.

You can read about common problems folks experience with the T60 on the Vypyr and Sanpera sub-forum of the Peavey forum. http://forums.peavey.com/viewforum.php?f=33

Comment

Does the 6505 sound exactly the same as the real one? Alot of ppl say that.
              USA Jackson RR1
              Charvel Model 6
              Jackson Performer-2
              Orange Dark Terror
              EVH 5150 LBX
              Hello Senòr

Comment

Originally posted by AussieTerry84 View Post
                Does the 6505 sound exactly the same as the real one? Alot of ppl say that.
                I don't know, but it's my favorite setting on this modeling amp.

Comment

Does anyone know if Peavey has stopped production on the Vypyr's? My GF went into the big music store here (Allans Music in the city) and the guy said they're not making them anymore is that true? Because it doesn't make sense being such a hit.
                  USA Jackson RR1
                  Charvel Model 6
                  Jackson Performer-2
                  Orange Dark Terror
                  EVH 5150 LBX
                  Hello Senòr

Comment

Still on their website: http://www.peavey.com/products/insta...taramps/vypyr/

No mention of their being discontinued on Musician's Friend.
                    Scott

Comment

Im not big on modelling amps, but ....
                      A local music store is selling Vypyr 60s new for $325. I really wanted to try one out, but I was on my way to work and didnt have the time. I am very interested though, a few people on Youtube put up vids of these amps. Pretty sweet sounding

Comment

Don't! they're poop.

Buy a 6505+ 1-12 combo..that's it. ..fuggums.
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Because it doesn't make sense being such a hit.
                          which is why you're having such an easy time getting feedback & opinion on this amp
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Does anyone know if Peavey has stopped production on the Vypyr's? My GF went into the big music store here (Allans Music in the city) and the guy said they're not making them anymore is that true? Because it doesn't make sense being such a hit.
                            If it is D/C I haven't heard about it and I'm on the Vypyr and Sanpera forum daily. There have been multiple posts on the Peavey forum about people being told by GC employees not to buy a Vypyr. For some reason music store employees tend to push Line 6 gear. Modeling amps are here to stay and will only get better as computers become more powerful so I'd be surprised if Peavey stopped making the Vypyr series.
                            Last edited by Trussrod; 10-27-2011, 07:45 PM.

Comment

I emailed the Aussie distributor and they're still being made it just turns out Allan's Music isn't a dealer which is weird how they have a monoply almost as the BIG music instrument store here. (they bought out their only really competitor a few years ago)
                              USA Jackson RR1
                              Charvel Model 6
                              Jackson Performer-2
                              Orange Dark Terror
                              EVH 5150 LBX
                              Hello Senòr

Comment

Working...
                              X