Scored me an Egnator rebel 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scored me an Egnator rebel 20

was at the local GC checking out some little tube amps, the vox nighttrain, tiny terror, HT-5, & egnater; i didnt touch the marshall or the new mesa. got home & took the plunge on a rebel 20. didnt think the NT had the gain i liked, the tiny terror just seemed primative nice tone butmore rock never got into a good metal sound, the HT-5 almost seemed like a high end stomp box in higher gain setting, cool little amp tho. the egnater to me sounded the best all around, really liked the 6v6's over the el84s, with higher gain settings. when it gets here i'll be having fun with the new toy....shit who dont like new toys?

anybody got one, thinking about a vintage30 or something for the 1X12
    Last edited by j2379; 10-20-2010, 09:23 PM.

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
    got home & took the plunge on a rebel 20.
    You bought a rebel 20 at your home?

Comment

yeah ebay, got a good deal i think?

Comment

Well, as long as you didn't get screwed by GC

I might go for one of these when they hit the $300 level.

Comment

I like my Rebel 20 quite a bit. Very versatile amp. Play around with the Tube Mix knob. I really like it set around 9-10 o'clock. I prefer the 6V6 to the EL84 setting, but adding some of the EL84 bite to the 6V6 sounds nice to me. I've only tried it through the 1x12. I need to get my hands on a 2x12. I'd love to hear how it sounds through a bigger cab.
          Last edited by RichF; 10-25-2010, 02:29 PM. Reason: Edited to fix some bad grammar.

Comment

http://nashville.craigslist.org/msg/2013673808.html

Not bad at $325, but I have too many amps at the moment.

Comment

Working...
            X