Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson USA Pickups

Do we need a separate pickup forum?

Anyway, I'm pretty obsessed about having the original OEM pickups in a guitar. Stupid, I know. But like it I do.

I have a J50BC in a Fusion PRO and LOVE it, especially for playing Queensryche stuff.

I have a J90C in a Fusion Deluxe. It's great for Thrash Metal. Nails the Megadeth stuff just like the JB in my SL2H, but also has a bit of Duncan Distortion going on. Maybe a little bit of both mixed together.

What I don't have is the J80C. I bought this USA Jackson a couple of weeks ago, and I'm obsessed with putting a covered J80C in it.

Am I crazy?

Please tell me of your experiences with Jackson USA pickups and what you like / hate about them. Remember I'm looking to play old school metal with it, so if you hated playing Jazz on it, well, mention you were trying to play Jazz on it

Thanks.

With the Jackson active electronics circuits there is a certain "crunch" you just can't get with anything else except a Jackson pickup. My favorite combo is a J90C with the J1000 circuit. But the J50BC with a J1200 circuit kicks too. But, by themselves these pickups don't seem to do it for me. They're "ok" but lack that ballsy drive. Seems like most players love 'em or hate 'em.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I think you're pretty crazy because I think the Jackson pickups are pretty sucky.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

I loved the J90C, but will be pulling all the electronics (J50BC +Midboost circuit?) outta of my 475, I don't like that too much, its not bad, It's just not the tone for me
        Out Of Ideas

Comment

i am similar in regards to wanting to keep a guitar as OEM as possible. that is one of the reasons why i refused to play jackson guitars until they came with a real floyd rose and SD pickups. i never liked the way those guitars sounded with their in-house electronics. they sounded "fake" to my ears....to "small" and "dull".....sort of like an ibanez without dimarzio pickups.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I can't recall the sound of most of the Jackson pups I've owned, but I do remember the J50N was an awesome neck pup!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've got a couple of early 90's Jackson with the stock pickups. One guitar sounds awesome in one amp but terrible from another. The other guitar, just the opposite. Now, I can't say if they are the same pickups but I'm guessing they are. Probably each guitar has some different body wood, but definitely different fretboard wood. So, yeah they suck and then yeah they don't. I just know which guitar to play with what amp/channel.

joe...
              www.godwentpunk.com
              www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Theyre (old ones, the new Jackson pups suck in my opinion)some of the best in house pups that ever existed. Every other guitar Ive ever had with that particular brands in house in them have been poorly shielded and potted with resulted in loads of unwanted feedback.
                HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I remember they used to sell these in boxes at GC with a Firecrackle/ Yellowcrackle axe on the cover. Sweet.

Comment

The J series pick ups are damn nice IMO.Either with or with out the mid boost.The J-200's are the only ones that don't do much for me.
                    The alnico J50's are some of the best stock pick ups out there.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I just popped the J50B outta my 475 exotic, now it has a black/yellow Dimarzio super distortion in there lol

kept the midboost intact on the 2 singles though

Will be interesting to hear how it really sounds tomorrow (shh...everyone else is sleeping)
                      Out Of Ideas

Comment

Working...
                      X