Ganiac II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ganiac II

Anyone here use one?? What power amp do you use it with and what could it be compared to standard amp wise?
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Junk.

Okay, not total junk, but very mediocre cleans, and the dirty channel is really only usable for rock tones. Trying to get decent high gain tones out of it is a complete fucking waste of time. As the gain goes up, you get this weird hollow filter sound like you've got a wah somewhere in your signal chain stuck on. The "scoop" feature is just stupid. It's basically a reverse mid control. In other words, as you turn it clockwise, it takes mids away. Either way, it's a pretty shit sounding pre-amp. Like I said, I managed to get some pretty good rock tones out of it, but for anything else, save your money.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Thats pretty much how I felt about the first version. Didnt know if they improved.

Comment

If it's anything like the first one, RUN.

Comment

Ive thought about building a rack unit again for the fun of it. I used to have a Digitech Twin Tube GFX-1 and it was pretty decent. I used it as a clean channel only to run a Digitech GNX3 into. I liked it alot, it just became to cumbersome because I had to pack around extension cords and outlet strips because very rarely were there outlets front stage at the places we played. It just made sense after a while just to have everything on the back line. Now I mostly jam out in a studio type setting where it would be cool to have something like that again.

Comment

Sounds like a huge fart IMO.Not very useful.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
            X