Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Axefx Ultra after 2 hours of plugging in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axefx Ultra after 2 hours of plugging in...

Im keeping it! I'll ramble on later, cause gee...look at the time. (weird...i posted this at 3:16 AM)
    But being almost sure that i dont even have the global levels right,
    this thing is TWICE the audio quality of anything ive ever heard!
    Think EJ's best audio quality you have ever heard... Yep, its
    like that in my bedroom now!
    Yeah, the BossGT-10 used to blow my mind, but then i once thought
    that 8 tracks were the bomb! More updates to follow...
    Last edited by Robert Burns; 01-06-2010, 06:24 AM.

So I take it you like it? That's great to hear Robert and just goes to prove that hearing is believing. Once in a great while, the hype around a product is true.

Comment

I for one am looking forward to hear some demos, Robert. Can you only buy Fractal Audio's products directly from them or can you buy them in stores? I sure haven't seen them in any stores over here...

Comment

There's only one store in the states that stocks them (as I recall, it's in California). As far as Europe goes, there's only one distributor and no retailers that I'm aware of.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
          There's only one store in the states that stocks them (as I recall, it's in California). As far as Europe goes, there's only one distributor and no retailers that I'm aware of.
          Tone Merchants
          1521 W. Collins Avenue
          Orange, CA 92867
          714-288-9583
          866-795-6808
          www.tonemerchants.com

http://www.fractalaudio.com/purchase-fractal.html
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Cool, thanks for the info guys. Maybe I'll get the time to check it out next time I'm in LA. And sorry for the thread hijacking, Robert.

Comment

Robert,

Glad to hear that you like it. It's much simpler to hook up once you get it infront of you, right? The complex part is making sure that you have global settings and I/O correct.

-Nate
              Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

I thought mine was coming from Kali too...but it came from Plaistow, NH!
                Im about to spend the afternoon wanking ! In a sonic orgasmic stereo
                groove...!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                  I thought mine was coming from Kali too...but it came from Plaistow, NH!
                  That's where they're made which is also about 45 minutes from where I lived for 30 yrs.

Comment

I am so surprised that he likes it. lol.....
                    Do you know of any pro's that have used it to record? I would like to hear a track with a band playing.

Comment

Robert, what are you playing it through? I have a pair of QSC HPR powered monitors I'm running my Ultra through. it sounds great through just one alone though! Congrats on your new Axe Fx
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

I'm trying to decide if I am going to buy myself an axe-fx or a new guitar this year. I can only afford one or the other. It's such a hard decision, but I am leaning towards the axe-fx right now. The thing is I can live perfectly happy without either but I'm greedy and want new toys.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                          I am so surprised that he likes it. lol.....
                          Do you know of any pro's that have used it to record? I would like to hear a track with a band playing.
                          Hey John!
                          Dweezil Zappa plays one live nowadays. He's talking a lot about it and I think his latest releases are all done on the Axe fx. Premier guitar had a long interview and article about his new digital rig and how much he's loving it.

The list of pro's using the AFX in GW ad's is increasing. the latest addition is marty friedman. I've no idea if they're really using it or just tried it and said its good, but no thanks!

Dweezil confessed that the axe fx is very useful to him when he goes touring to countries where customs can be a pain to get through. I think it was Brazil where they gave him hell? Not sure.

I think this is him playing the AFX
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiVV3sb36aY
                          Sam

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                            Robert, what are you playing it through? I have a pair of QSC HPR powered monitors I'm running my Ultra through. it sounds great through just one alone though! Congrats on your new Axe Fx
                            ************ Guitar into the unbalanced input 1 in the rear..(yes, ive
                            tried it both ways...this one sings!) Then out left and right to the VHT
                            2/90/2... Global set on about +4... I/O set to "Left"...Stereo output..
                            Right'...Stereo" output..and its just sings! Like listening to a Macintosh
                            $25K audio system! Maybe the Firewire IR stuff is even better?

*** I guess i was smokin crack last night...because today i went back to Guitar into "Front Input"..
                            Set global to "No Power amp sim..(cause i have the VHT)...no Cabinet Sims..(and chose Analog front
                            and the sound was 40% better! (ive lost so much hearing...who knows what im hearing? But is
                            very sparkling and bright now...so im fooling with the EQ...and building my own patch from scratch..
                            This thing thumps like being 3 feet away from a JCM 800 Fullstack! This thing is a monster..
                            Last edited by Robert Burns; 01-07-2010, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                              I'm trying to decide if I am going to buy myself an axe-fx or a new guitar this year. I can only afford one or the other. It's such a hard decision, but I am leaning towards the axe-fx right now. The thing is I can live perfectly happy without either but I'm greedy and want new toys.
                              ***... should i quote Hippitim again? He is selling off 90% of his world
                              class Boutique amps, and preamps! Nuff said..(but that never stopped me) ;-0 You only play your favorite 3 guitars anyway...why not have
                              50 of the worlds best amps to tweak and enjoy for the price of one Charvel? Get the Ultra!

Comment

Working...
                              X