X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer V-amp2

Anyone have one?

What do you think if you do?
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

I still have mine.. probably better out there but for the price.. fun toy!

Comment

Excellent for rehearsal at home and for home recording. Works really good as an effects processor too because you can turn the modeling preamps off with a push of a button.

Comment

I use one at home. Sounds pretty awesome for what it is.
        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Yeah, I have one. Our garage burned down a couple of years ago and we lost most of our gear. I bought a used one cheap as well as a used Crate Powerblock. I run the V-amp into the effects send of the Powerblock and yard sale score ($15) Aphex Guitar Xciter pedal into that. I use my old Marshall straight cab which was salvagable even though all the tolex and plastic had melted. I set the V-amp on brit high gain with the noise gate on. I crank up the bass and mids and set the delay for 2 repeats. It sounds pretty good actually but there is something missing, mainly musical overtones and feedback and that nice hair around the notes that tubes give you. Anyway it works and it's cheap and I even gig with it. The built in tuner ain't bad either. C'est la vie.

Comment

I've had mine for over 5 years now.. absolutely love it. Recording or just noodling around. I run it through amp loops and through the surround both.. works great either way.

Comment

I have one, it sounds alright for recording ideas and I've heard it sound pretty good running it through an actual amp. I would never use it for live playing, that delay in switching patches with the footswitch would be frustrating. Well, and I have amps that sound better. But it's great to have at home and I think I saw them selling at GC for $100.

Comment

I see they have a V Amp 3 out now...Looks like its under 200 bones...
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

never had the v amp2, but i had the vamp pro rackmount which was a nice unit for the price. i also had the x vamp which is like 65 bucks new and to me it sounded better than the rack unit in some ways. the xvamp doesnt have as many models, but the noise gate works better. not sure if that helps at all, but thats my experience with the v amp line

Comment

I have one and really like the high-gain models. For the $99 this thing is a steal. Regarding the v-amp 3 it seems they just changed the color to red and added an external USB audio interface; the 'updated' models info is not very clear. I am not sure it is worth the price; I had much higher hopes when it was announced. In any case it seems Behringer is falling behind the rest when it comes to amp modeling.

Comment

I have the v-amp pro and the footboard... it sounds pretty good, but I haven't ever really taken the time to figure out how to make it do much. The footboard is confusing as hell too. I bought my bass playing buddy the bass v-amp (2?) and got an xv-amp with it. The xv-amp is a noisy buzzy little POS (could be the power supply), the bass v-amp was pretty cool tho.

I've honestly only found a handful of useful sounds from the v-amp pro... probably owing to not really learning how to work it. The setting I use most is 9C, effect changed to compressor and nearly turned off, 0 reverb, amp changed to rectified high gain.

When I lived in an apartment it made a good headphone-jamming-apparatus.
                      |My CSG gallery|
                      (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Working...
                      X