David Gilmore and Charvel necks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Gilmore and Charvel necks

Right, is there anyone here that can give me information about the Charvel necks David Gilmore has had fitted to some of his guitars over the years?
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=66

1979-82
    The black Strat was David’s main guitar on the Wall recording sessions in 1979 and the following tour in 1980-‘81. The 1963 rosewood neck was now replaced by a custom 21-fret Charvel flamed maple neck (with a fake Fender logo). In early 1982, the guitar got fitted with a 22-fret custom maple neck made by Grover Jackson. This stayed on during the Wall movie sessions, The Final Cut and About Face album and tour (thanks Mark for spottng that one!).

Comment

Damn... never knew about that site. Thanks for the link )

-Nate
      Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

I'd done a trawl of Google before asking here so the Gilmorish page isn't new to me unfortunately. Cheers for the link anyway.

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Now that is some cool info. I was using an '82 charvel to play Another Brick in the Wall Pt 2 with my Band.
          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I think this one is a charvel neck, it just happens to be attached to a charvel body as well by the looks of it!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOyM-...eature=related

Comment

He amazes me everytime I watch him play so forceful yet so smooth.
              Saw Floyd two nights in a row and it was magical.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks! Gilmour rules.

Comment

shobet,
                  thanks for the incredible link.
                  not often I'm moved to tears
                  "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                  --floydkramer

Comment

You're welcome. Beats widdly widdly widdly for me any day of the week.
                    Somehow I think if you gave him a plank to play it on it would still sing.

Comment

There's plenty like that on youtube, you just have to do some digging around.
                      I also like stuff like 'There's no way our of here' which you don't see as much as the rest of his stuff.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaSSK09_mBc

Comment

Originally posted by vondran View Post
                        I can't believe that guitar had a flatmount Kahler installed at one time!
                        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
                          There's plenty like that on youtube, you just have to do some digging around.
                          I also like stuff like 'There's no way our of here' which you don't see as much as the rest of his stuff.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaSSK09_mBc
                          Wow.
                          Also very tasty!
                          I must dig around a bit and see what else there is to see...
                          Thanks!
                          --floydkramer

Comment

I have Bengal to blame for my current Pink Floyd, Gilmour (see I've even learned to spell his name now) fixation, the fucker!

Comment

Well, he's a man of good taste.
                              --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
                              X