PDA

View Full Version : help with identification Jackson Electronics?

micha
10-31-2005, 06:26 PM
hey,
I've got a pic here with three JEs on it, now could somebody please help me to identify what models they actually are?

alright, here's the pic;

http://www.zonamy.de/JE.JPG

would be great if somebody who's sure on these ID-things could comfirm me here. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
thanks and best regards///micha

(oh, and please ignore the white fields on the pic, somebody once told me to not post any adresses in the net, and this is the only pic I got which I was smart enough to take on an envelope, so... /images/graemlins/wink.gif )

Zerberus
11-01-2005, 07:35 AM
Top right is a JE-1000 Peak select preamp

The others look to both be JE-1200 Mid-boost preamps, but I´d have to see the pot config of each (or a decent pic) to be 100% sure....

BTW, if you don´t need /want one of those 1200s, please LMK /images/graemlins/wink.gif

micha
11-01-2005, 08:14 AM
thx tim!
but what do you mean with pot config?
the yellow and blue wires (which are swapped on the upper circuit) use to go to the outer contacts of a 50K.

anyone else an idea or wants to confirm?

sorry for the messy pic, but I can't do any better with my cam right now...

Zerberus
11-02-2005, 12:17 PM
Pot Config: the je-1200 is a 1 onboard, 2 external pot setup, wheras the JE-1500 uses one (stacked) outboard pot and a miniswitch

But if the Yellow blue and white wires used to go to a 50k on teh left ones, they´re likely JE-1200s /images/graemlins/wink.gif

The boards look a bit similar

Cleveland Metal
11-02-2005, 12:49 PM
Here is JE-1200 from one one my Jacksons.

http://clevelandmetalzone.com/jwguitars/images/electronics/1200a.jpg

http://clevelandmetalzone.com/jwguitars/images/electronics/1200b.jpg

micha
11-02-2005, 03:32 PM
thx a lot for your help guys! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

yours does look a bit different john... seems like the capacitor right over the IC is a bit smaller. at least your little blue one is placed were mine have got a bigger black one...

anyway, I think I got the trick now!!
thanks again! /images/graemlins/toast.gif

poolboydave
11-03-2005, 12:07 PM
I would agree with Zerberus. Top right JE1000 and the other 2 JE1200. I've got both on hand at home, so I'm pretty sure that is what they are.

BTW Zerberus, I have an extra JE1200, if you are interested. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks, Dave

edw
01-22-2006, 03:32 PM
just took my 1986 model 6 to a local j/c dealer, he informed me that the "pot scratching noise" i've been hearing getting worse lately is actually my active electronics--not a pot noise. It's a circuit board attached to the pot nearest the neck. Is he right? The next thing he says is that j/c is not supporting this guitar anymore. No replacement circuit board available. any help? Can someone point me to parts?

Zerberus
01-22-2006, 04:13 PM
If I weren´t having problems with my one spare I´d offer it to you as I also got it for free... but in it´s current state it´s unfortunately of no use (squealing issue, likely a faulty cap causing oscillation).

But there´s good knews: According to John Walker of JCMI they´re considering reissuing the boards... Considering of course means "may happen/ may not", but it´s a light /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Madness
02-02-2006, 09:51 AM
While you guy's are on the subject...Does anybody know which system came in the early 90's soloist pro's?