Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help with identification Jackson Electronics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with identification Jackson Electronics?

hey,
    I've got a pic here with three JEs on it, now could somebody please help me to identify what models they actually are?

alright, here's the pic;

would be great if somebody who's sure on these ID-things could comfirm me here. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    thanks and best regards///micha

(oh, and please ignore the white fields on the pic, somebody once told me to not post any adresses in the net, and this is the only pic I got which I was smart enough to take on an envelope, so... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Re: help with identification Jackson Electronics?

Top right is a JE-1000 Peak select preamp

The others look to both be JE-1200 Mid-boost preamps, but I´d have to see the pot config of each (or a decent pic) to be 100% sure....

BTW, if you don´t need /want one of those 1200s, please LMK [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

thx tim!
      but what do you mean with pot config?
      the yellow and blue wires (which are swapped on the upper circuit) use to go to the outer contacts of a 50K.

anyone else an idea or wants to confirm?

sorry for the messy pic, but I can't do any better with my cam right now...

Comment

Pot Config: the je-1200 is a 1 onboard, 2 external pot setup, wheras the JE-1500 uses one (stacked) outboard pot and a miniswitch

But if the Yellow blue and white wires used to go to a 50k on teh left ones, they´re likely JE-1200s [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The boards look a bit similar

Comment

Here is JE-1200 from one one my Jacksons.

Comment

thx a lot for your help guys! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

yours does look a bit different john... seems like the capacitor right over the IC is a bit smaller. at least your little blue one is placed were mine have got a bigger black one...

anyway, I think I got the trick now!!
            thanks again! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I would agree with Zerberus. Top right JE1000 and the other 2 JE1200. I've got both on hand at home, so I'm pretty sure that is what they are.

BTW Zerberus, I have an extra JE1200, if you are interested. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks, Dave

Comment

real bad news about electronics on model 6

just took my 1986 model 6 to a local j/c dealer, he informed me that the "pot scratching noise" i've been hearing getting worse lately is actually my active electronics--not a pot noise. It's a circuit board attached to the pot nearest the neck. Is he right? The next thing he says is that j/c is not supporting this guitar anymore. No replacement circuit board available. any help? Can someone point me to parts?

Comment

Re: real bad news about electronics on model 6

If I weren´t having problems with my one spare I´d offer it to you as I also got it for free... but in it´s current state it´s unfortunately of no use (squealing issue, likely a faulty cap causing oscillation).

But there´s good knews: According to John Walker of JCMI they´re considering reissuing the boards... Considering of course means "may happen/ may not", but it´s a light [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: real bad news about electronics on model 6

While you guy's are on the subject...Does anybody know which system came in the early 90's soloist pro's?

Comment

Working...
                    X