Jackson wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson wiring

I am trying to rewire my jackson ps3tl from scratch with a jackson j50bc humbucker. Can someone provide me with official jackson wiring diagrams and maybe some help on grounding wires, such as the one running from the bridge, as i tried rewiring it and running ground wires, but it still buzzes like hell. Thanks in advance

Re: Jackson wiring

The 2003 Electronics Manual is posted here:

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...fpart=1#386113

Comment

thanks man, jus need help on the grounding now [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The PS3T is 2H w/ a trem, right? There should be a ground wire running from the trem spring claw to the body of the volume or tone pot. There should be a wire connecting the bodies of both pots together. The green and naked (shield ground) wire of the J50BC should be grounded to the body of the vol. or tone pot. Same goes for the neck pickup (depending on the color-coding of that one). The pickup selector should be grounded. If you have cavity shielding, that needs to be grounded as well. Finally, everything needs to connect to the sleeve (outer section) of the output jack. This is usually a black wire running from the jack to the body of the vol. pot.

The white & red wires of the J50BC should be soldered together & protected with tape or shrink tubing. Same goes for the neck pickup if it is a 4 wire pickup (color-coding may not be the same as the J50BC, though).

* If I screwed any of the above up or left something out, someone please correct me!

Here is a diagram for this setup:

http://guitarelectronics.zoovy.com/product/WDUHH3T1101

Hope this helps you out!

Comment

yeh, i tried grounding everything to the back of the vol pot, this killed a lot of the hum, touching the bolt on the end of the input jack kills this even more.But then when i touch the vol pot/pickguard, i get an insane amount of buzzing. Btw im setting it up for 1 hum, 1 vol, no p/up selector and yeh it has got a trem. Any idead on what i was doing wrong so that touching the pickguard make it buzz like hell??

Comment

> Btw im setting it up for 1 hum, 1 vol, no p/up selector and yeh it has got a trem.

are you trying to copy Alexi's guitar? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
            The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

no.... [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Is the pickguard and/or the pickguard shielding grounded?

Comment

no.........that's probably why then

Comment

guys,
                    does it matter where you ground stuff to specifically?
                    If they're all connected to ground does it matter?

Comment

I'm no expert, but I've always been told that the more simple you keep the wiring of grounds, the better. So you might ground everything to one central point, like the back of the volume pot, then take it from there to jack. You want to avoid ground loops, which occur when you create more than one path to ground. There's a decent explanation of ground loops in guitar wiring here: http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/grounding-faq.txt

Comment

Great info thanks!

Comment

when you say taking it there from the jack, isn't that basically like grounding the jack to the pot as well, or am i getting confused? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

As far as the wiring scheme it's exactly the same thing, but the "path to ground" is out of the guitar via the jack, so that's why I worded it like that. The path to ground for each component is to the back of the volume pot, and then to the jack.

Comment

right, so i ground the bridge and the pickup to the vol pot, then run a cable from the pot to the jack? should i also ground the pot itself and/or the pickguard?

Comment

Working...
                              X