PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Professional Neck Pocket Size

ToneZone
02-03-2013, 05:36 PM
I wish to create a bastard strat. I'm thinking of making a superstrat based around a Jackson or Charvel neck. I have found a neck. It is a Jackson Professional Dinky 24 fret. Will this fit in a strat body?

Axewielder
02-03-2013, 05:46 PM
You'd have to find a 24-fret version of a Charvel strat body. There is a Jackson Strat-24 as well, but those are crazy rare.

ToneZone
02-03-2013, 06:06 PM
It doesn't have to be 24 fret. But what size are the neck heel on Jacksons? Is it only the strats that go? Are there Dinkys that will fit?

Newc
02-10-2013, 02:29 AM
A 24 fret Jackson heel will be slightly wider than a 22 fret Jackson heel, simply by virtue of having the extra length.

And I really don't think it's going to intonate unless you shave a bit out of the pocket, or off the heel under the board like Warmoth's "24 fret neck".

At the very least, it won't fit in a Fender Strat body. Maybe a SoCal or Style1 body, but those were made on Fender's side of the building, so I'm not sure if they used Fender's or Charvel's neck/pocket template. I've only tried putting an old 80s USA Jackson neck on a SoCal body, which didn't work out too well, but I suspect it was due to the neck more than the body. Japanese ProMod necks fit USA ProMod bodies, though.