Jackson Professional Neck Pocket Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Professional Neck Pocket Size

I wish to create a bastard strat. I'm thinking of making a superstrat based around a Jackson or Charvel neck. I have found a neck. It is a Jackson Professional Dinky 24 fret. Will this fit in a strat body?
    '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
    '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
    '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
    '13 Gibson M-III
    Taylor 214CE
    Dean 6-string Bass
    Morgan Ukulele

You'd have to find a 24-fret version of a Charvel strat body. There is a Jackson Strat-24 as well, but those are crazy rare.

Comment

It doesn't have to be 24 fret. But what size are the neck heel on Jacksons? Is it only the strats that go? Are there Dinkys that will fit?
      '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
      '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
      '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
      '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
      '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
      '13 Gibson M-III
      Taylor 214CE
      Dean 6-string Bass
      Morgan Ukulele

Comment

A 24 fret Jackson heel will be slightly wider than a 22 fret Jackson heel, simply by virtue of having the extra length.

And I really don't think it's going to intonate unless you shave a bit out of the pocket, or off the heel under the board like Warmoth's "24 fret neck".

At the very least, it won't fit in a Fender Strat body. Maybe a SoCal or Style1 body, but those were made on Fender's side of the building, so I'm not sure if they used Fender's or Charvel's neck/pocket template. I've only tried putting an old 80s USA Jackson neck on a SoCal body, which didn't work out too well, but I suspect it was due to the neck more than the body. Japanese ProMod necks fit USA ProMod bodies, though.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
        X