New Charvel Wildcard #6 - change of pace and new colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Charvel Wildcard #6 - change of pace and new colors

Charvel, right on the heels of Wildcard #5 has announced the specs for Wildcard #6 and this one is a bit different. It will be available late March-early April.

It is a rear routed strat body (no pickguard) with a zebra Duncan JB in the bridge with a cream bezel and a black Duncan STK-1 single coil in the neck. It is candy tangerine with a matching headstock with silver logo. The fretboard is ebony for the first time in the Production series and this guitar also has a hardtail bridge. Hardware is chrome.

Also, Ferrari red is being discontinued and replaced with candy red and candy blue in both the San Dimas and So Cal styles. Snow white and black will continue.

Last edited by Chubtone; 03-17-2011, 05:04 PM.

hmmm. That's different :/

Comment

Judging from the pic - a mess, colorwise.
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

It is a little disorganized... However I do actually like the overall specification.

I never do zebras with H/S just because I think it looks weird if the single is black.

However, a cream single and double cream bridge humbucker would look pretty cool. I might have to buy this! Damn it.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
          I never do zebras with H/S just because I think it looks weird if the single is black.
          Thanks, you clarified to me what the main "problem" is. Also, a white bone nut on ebony, hmm... I bet real live pictures will better the whole impression, but..
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Oh, I didn't notice the nut. Yeah, I thought Charvel usually uses Delrin or graphite for the nuts, so I don't know what is up with that. :think:

Comment

I'm not a fan of the Fender style headstock. I like Charvels that have unique headstock designs.

Comment

Perfect for me, H/S, hardtail and ebony board??? Awesome
                Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Not digging the hardtail or zebra hum + black SC mix, but everything else about it is killer. Hopefully, we'll see a Floyd'd version of this in the future. Non-recessed, please.

Comment

Well... its an "E" for effort in my book. I actually was just thinking about a hardtail last night - on a 62 Strat, mind you, but a hardtail none the less.

I like the specs well enough - hardtail, matching headstock, ebony board - all cool. They lose me on the color and the neck single - don't like the color rarely use the neck single. Had they done this in black or white - bam - I would have to have it. Also, I'm on a rosewood kick lately, so the ebony is nice but I like rosewood more, I think.

Would like to see the quality of the bridge as well - doesn't look like anything special in this pic.
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Nice ! I think a black pickup ring would balance the look enough. Love the idea of a matching headstock !
                      http://www.reverbnation.com/#/themightypragmatics

Comment

I'm just happy they're changing up the specs a little. Ebony board, H-S, Hardtail are all interesting and I agree with Grandturk's comment regarding the effort on JC's part.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post

Would like to see the quality of the bridge as well - doesn't look like anything special in this pic.
                          Yeah, I actually am wondering what bridge it is... It kind of looks like the old-school Charvel hardtail with the thick piece where the intonation adjustment screws go through... I'm happy it's not a TOM/string-through though as I think that looks goofy on a Strat.

Comment

I think I'm up for this one.
                            Just emailed Matt to see if he's getting any of them.

I can always repaint if I want later.
                            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

The switch to a black bezel to those who don't like the cream one would set you back about $5. The switch to a cream single coil cover for those who think that would look better will set you back about $3. I personally think Mike is doing some listening to the opinions here and on other forums and throwing something different at us featuring things that a lot of people have asked for. The pic doesn't really show the color very well if in fact it is candy tangerine. It looks like dark red metallic in the photo but for those who have seen their candy tangerine, it is very much orange.

Comment

Working...
                              X