1987 San Dimas/Ontario Custom Shop Bolt On Serial 2387

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 San Dimas/Ontario Custom Shop Bolt On Serial 2387

I went in to GC the other night for a cable. Spotted this guitar hanging on the used wall with a price of $599. Early Jackson with a Kahler piqued my interest, Flipped it over - its a San Dimas. It was difficult keeping my mouth shut. Clearly they didn't know what it was. But I did. And it's mine now...lol.

I'm looking for more info on it. It looks like a rare paint scheme - I've seen lots of Bengal paint schemes..but never a Purple Bengal. All in all, it's in good shape. I'm gonna give it some TLC, resurrect the paint gloss etc, clean it up, replace the missing locking nut and arm, etc. I'm also gonna pull the neck off and document the markings, and the pickup too. Maybe Mike Shannon built it? Maybe Abby made the pickup?

Anyway, if anyone has any information about it, I'd love to know.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Oops...Serial 2378, not 2387. Typo.

The FB link isn't working. Host the pics on a photo-hosting site imgur.com, tinypic.com, etc. and then link it here.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Picture fail

Comment

Anxious to see it. I loooove Bengals.

Is it this 'jagged' style?

[IMG][/IMG]
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Purple is hot!

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Purple is sweet, though that Bengal above isn't mine. Just to be clear. lol
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

The purple Bengal Soloist above is mine Bought it several years ago off E-Bay.
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                The purple Bengal Soloist above is mine Bought it several years ago off E-Bay.
                And it is fricken awesome! Good job scoring that one. Still have the screaming demon in the bridge? How do you like that? I have one in a bolt-on and love it.

I have too many JB's in soloist and I'm wanting to change some up. I got a Custom for one, maybe an Invader for another. Plenty of magnets to do magnet swaps in the JB as well.

Comment

That is really nice!!

Comment

Working...
                  X