Import Serial Number / Country of Origin FAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FrumiousBandersnatch View Post
    Hello, I am a new owner of a used Jackson, which may be a new Jackson later.
    I have what appears to be a DXMG, in gun metal gray with the SN: 9816698.
    Sorry for the late response. It would be very helpful if you could post a pic.

Originally posted by 405HP_Z06 View Post
    Adding serial number and date to the database.
    DXMG
    Looking at archived catalogs and price lists to compare features and specifications, this looks to be a 2006 model guitar.
    It's not uncommon to see models made later in the year previous​ to the year of it's release.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Japanese Jackson RR3 body with Japanese RRX10D neck!

Hello friends! I just bought a MIJ Jackson with a RR3 (or RR3R) body and a RX10D neck! I need your help to figure out the year (of the body and if it's possible the year of the neck) and to "reconstruct" the story behind this guitar! Ok so...I got 2 theories:

-It was made on 1997 before the 1998 Jackson RR3 Reverse release (that would explain the serial and the black hardware) and they snapped the neck so they stored it until at least 2000 when they finally put a very similar neck (RX10D) but with the original RR3 hardware (because at least, as far as I've done my research, RRX10D never had black hardware)!

-My other theory is that it was made in 2006-2011 (2006 is when they put black hardware on RR3), same neck story! But the thing with this second theory is that as far as I've read this thread, 97xxxxx means 1997 or 2003-2004 so IDK...

How do I know its definitely a RR3 or a RR3R? It has 2 volumes and 1 tone with a
      JT-580LP bridge and the electric system is on the front ! BTW the guitar's been modded with two active pickups and the battery is on the back!
      Also, can you people give me an estimate of the price of the guitar please? Just in case I want to sell it!

Also... please excuse my bad english, i'm from Bolivia haha. I know that this guitar needs love, don't worry I was about to clean it and calibrate it <3!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

IDK if this is something but those stickers were in there (there's nothing written behind em)
      [IMG][/IMG]
      Serial 9778683:
      [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Neck model
      [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• The serial is for 2006 and the pocket appears to be stamped 2006-6-25.

I expect it's simply a factory stamping error on the neck unless someone changed an RX10D's chrome to black.

I've seen a number of examples of factory mix-ups on necks/bodies. Different models/series being made in the same factory would've make it easier for these mistakes to happen.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• $3-400 will generally get a used RR3 over here. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

Comment

• Thank you so much! I got one more question, does anybody knows the fret's material?

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankyB View Post
              Thank you so much! I got one more question, does anybody knows the fret's material?
              Nickel.
              -Rick

Comment

• Having trouble finding information on a 7 digit serial on a neck thru model starting with the number 7. Anyone know anything of this?

Comment

• Are you sure it isn't a 1 instead of 7?
                  The early SLX(T)'s were Indian made and had date coded fret board serials. 11xxxxx-2011...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                    Are you sure it isn't a 1 instead of 7?
                    The early SLX(T)'s were Indian made and had date coded fret board serials. 11xxxxx-2011...
                    I’m certain. The first digits are 770****. It’s a custom shop paint job verified by Fender/Jackson and verified by the painter. I’ve been told some opinions that it was a guitar that got a strange serial due to being made during the period of which Jackson was purchased by Fender. And Fender told me they don’t have much info on guitars during this time as well.

Comment

• I'd suggest posting pics, but you need to post them on a site such as imgur first...then copy the link here.
                      Did Fender see a pic?
                      Trust me, they know shockingly little about even the guitars they make in regards to Jacksons.

Comment

• Newbie here. I have a dk2s that I'm having a hard time decoding. Serial #9848760 with black hardware, black neck plate. Thanks, Brian

Comment

• https://guitarinside.com/Jackson_Dinky_DK2S

Later 98xxxxx serial and black hardware would mean post 2005.
                          I dont have the serial numbers needed to give an accurate date but it would be stamped on the neck and body if you remove the neck.

Comment

• Should be 2010, maybe '11.
                            9846xxx was Dec. 2009 and my 9853xxx is pocket stamped June or July 2011.

Comment

• Thanks for the quick replies!
                              I've been avoiding doing a string change because the trem scares the $#!% out of me. Plus, the fact that this guitar stays in tune FAR better than any of my Les Paul's has made me not want to change a thing.
                              But it's time - I'll see if I can pop the neck out while I've got it apart & take a look.
                              Thanks again! ��

Comment

• OK, replaced strings & pulled the neck at the same time:

One last question - can anybody tell me where this Jackson was made?

Comment

Working...
                                X