Case for Kelly/Rhoads V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case for Kelly/Rhoads V

I have a spare Jackson branded case for Kelly or Rhoads Vs. The thing is mammoth and taking up space. I don’t want to trash it, but shipping would at least double the cost of the case for any potential buyer and makes selling infeasible. Not looking to make money on the case, so I will send it to anyone who wants it if they pay just the shipping.

If you are interested, drop me a PM here on JCF.

Too bad you're in the states.
    Could use a case for my Kelly...

Comment

Yeah, I would rather someone get some use from it rather than throw it away.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptNasty View Post
        I have a spare Jackson branded case for Kelly or Rhoads Vs. The thing is mammoth and taking up space. I don’t want to trash it, but shipping would at least double the cost of the case for any potential buyer and makes selling infeasible. Not looking to make money on the case, so I will send it to anyone who wants it if they pay just the shipping.

If you are interested, drop me a PM here on JCF.
        PM sent

Comment

Jackson-branded case for Kelly or Rhoads? I am not aware of a case shape that fits both these shapes. A King V case doubles as a Rhoads case, and the current generation Warrior SKB case also fits a Kelly, but I haven't heard of a Kelly and Rhoads sharing a case. Is it a generic case? Do you have photos? I'm not asking specifically for me, since I'm in Canada and don't need a case, but as someone interested in cases, it's just for my knowledge.

Either way, this is a very generous offer... JCF Brotherhood spirit is alive and well! If this fails, you could probably list it on Craigslist for at least $50 and it would sell quickly.

Comment

It is weird and it is big. In looking at it, it appears to be a one size fits all case for Jackson’s pointy guitars. I have had this thing since about 2007 and I got it from a friend after his guitar that the case was for took the nose dive of death shattering the neck beyond repair. It took it and put my RR5 in it. If I remember correctly he stored a Kelly in it.

I have often wondered what the deal was with this case. It is a rarity for sure. My friend was endorsed by Jackson for some time. I have wondered if this was the case they were using for pointy endorsement guitars when they were just starting to produce the pointy body styles. But his other cases on his artist endorsement guitars were MUCH nicer... with a blue shell, pinkish interior and his name embroidered inside the case.

https://imgur.com/a/q4py7No
            Last edited by CaptNasty; 03-14-2019, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Wow that case is awesome!

Im trying to seal a deal for a reverse body Hondo “Rhoads”, and it looks like that case would fit it.

Comment

SynapsisTheory was interested, but doesn’t think the case will work for his King V, so the case is still available.

The space for the fin on the bottom is about an inch shorter than the top fin. Is the reverse body Rhoads the same exact dimensions as a Jackson Rhoads?

Comment

Originally posted by CaptNasty View Post
                  SynapsisTheory was interested, but doesn’t think the case will work for his King V, so the case is still available.

The space for the fin on the bottom is about an inch shorter than the top fin. Is the reverse body Rhoads the same exact dimensions as a Jackson Rhoads?
                  That I don’t know, if it didn’t fit I guess I’d have to get a King...

sending a pm

Comment

The King V (current shape) is a scaled-down Double Rhoads. This means the King V body wings are shorter than the long fin of the Rhoads. Just my guess, but if the space for the fin on the bottom is shorter than the top fin, it might actually fit a King V shape... just not a Double Rhoads shape.

Comment

Based on the info provide by NoP the case would work for a King V.

Comment

I have one too if anybody wants it. Or trade for a decent bridge pup for my Kelly

Comment

I am in need of a rhoads case. Outlaw, if you would be interested in a black/cream JB, hit me up.

If anyone else has one, let me know, might be able to work something out.

Comment

That would work. Gugubica. Case=free, shipping= I'll pay up to $40 to get it to you. You pay shipping on the pup. Where are you?

Comment

I'd be down with that. Hit me back in PM with what I owe ya. I will send the pup and $ monday.

Comment

Working...
                              X