Suhr Rasmus Guthrie Govan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suhr Rasmus Guthrie Govan

I'd been looking for a Charvel GG. I had played the ash model twice, but couldn't justify the price. I even found a used one (standard basswood/ maple version) for sale locally and still at $2200 it was too much dough. I have other expenses and while I'd love to spend everything on guitars, there are other priorities in life. well, I saw this hanging on the wall at a semi-local guitar shop, and picked it up yesterday. The top of the body is a little worn, but the neck plays really well! And it sounds great. It’s crossed my mind to send it to GMW for a refin/ paintjob.

Having played the Charvel GG and not wanting to spend $3k on it, this felt like the right move. I played it for 5 mins, and said, “yup, I’ll take it”. I decided to take a chance on the Rasmus. It might say Rasmus on the headstock, but it feels and sounds like a Suhr. Yes there’s the worn body, theres a small neck joint crack and besides those things, it really does have some mojo. I'd been looking for a mahogany super strat anyways, so this fit the bill nicely.

And the sounds- It gets very straty, nice chunk from the ssh+ in the bridge, when split, the ssv in the neck sounds really nice for strumming, and it returns to tune from whammy dives. Anyhow, I just wanted to share. I think its cool.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqQQmTpAKUV/

Congrats. That's a nice looking guitar. I didn't even know there was a Rasmus series.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yea the Rasmus series didn't last long . The new modern satin models are a continuation of that but they are made in USA.

Comment

congrats. I wouldn't refin it
        Hail yesterday

Comment

I wouldn't refin it, either. Looks great as is. Just play the crap out of it and be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness
            ....while I'd love to spend everything on guitars, there are other priorities in life.
            Blasphemer.
            Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Congrats. That's a nice looking guitar. I didn't even know there was a Rasmus series.
              From what I've dug up, Rasmus lasted 2 years. Somewhere around 2011-2013. Suhr couldn't turn a profit and the line was cancelled. The bodies and necks were made in China then sent to Suhr in CA for final assembly. Finishing touches were added and the neck was PLEK'd. So its something of an Chinese/ USA hybrid. I paid 1/3 of what a new Suhr Satin series would cost. Same components/ woods/ pickups/ everything- I think the locking tuners are different. They're Ping tuners. (I've used ping Floyd's and they're fine, so...). Besides that, Its a Suhr guitar that cost me less than a Pro Mod! So, I'm happy

PIKA is right, that this guitar in now the Suhr Satin Series. 100% Made in the USA. Same exact guitar (minus the ping tuners).

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                congrats. I wouldn't refin it
                +1

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
                  From what I've dug up, Rasmus lasted 2 years. Somewhere around 2011-2013. Suhr couldn't turn a profit and the line was cancelled. The bodies and necks were made in China then sent to Suhr in CA for final assembly. Finishing touches were added and the neck was PLEK'd. So its something of an Chinese/ USA hybrid. I paid 1/3 of what a new Suhr Satin series would cost. Same components/ woods/ pickups/ everything- I think the locking tuners are different. They're Ping tuners. (I've used ping Floyd's and they're fine, so...). Besides that, Its a Suhr guitar that cost me less than a Pro Mod! So, I'm happy

PIKA is right, that this guitar in now the Suhr Satin Series. 100% Made in the USA. Same exact guitar (minus the ping tuners).
                  Very cool. PLEK is a nice touch on an import guitar.

Comment

Working...
                  X