Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How old is this Floyd Rose on Mick Mars's guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How old is this Floyd Rose on Mick Mars's guitar?

https://imgur.com/a/WkVQEHe

On the current OFR, you don't see "Original" on them below the Floyd Rose logo, I couldn't even find old pictures of the "Original" logo either.

This must be a really early fine tuner version? It doesn't look like it has the tension plate either and I've heard the old ones didn't have that plate.

Original was put on them at some point in the '90s when Fender first acquired the rights to them. Original eventually disappeared again.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Original was put on them at some point in the '90s when Fender first acquired the rights to them. Original eventually disappeared again.
      Cool I never knew that!

Comment

If that Floyd could talk!

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
          If that Floyd could talk!
          It would probably be asking a doctor for penicillin
          In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Collared bar as well. Originals were screw-in with the hex nut on top.

It does have the tension plate. Look at the dents under the bridge. You only get those from the rounded ends of the tension plate.
            You can also see the rounded ends.

I don't imagine Mick would be using an OFR from the 80s any more. It'd be wore out by now.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
            X