Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson KVT2

Hey,

I recently purchased a pre owned Jackson KV2T with seymour duncans in it, but was wondering if anyone has changed them out for EMGs with a 24v mod and what their experience with it is? I know its a bit specific, but just in case someone has actually done this, it would be interesting to know!

Hi, I just picked up a Mint 2011 KV2T myself. I just installed a Hetfieed EMG set. Sounds AMAZING. Have not tried in 24v yet, or 18 (which I have harness for), but you won't regret it in 9v. Very happy with the swap and the black chrome look great to boot.

I LOVE this guitar. EMG output is sig different then the Duncans (I also have a USA Soloist with the JB/59).

Here's a pic:

Comment

Oooohs and ahhhhs.
      Black and pointy.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I had a KVX10 and that (along with all my other Jacksons) had EMGS in (9V though). They all sounded great: very crisp and clear, with much tighter bass than the SDs. At one point I had the KVX10 with EMGs and a KE3 with SD JB/59 set. During a gig, I switched from the V to the Kelly and it was like going from the bridge to the neck pickup!

Comment

I have a ghost flames version. I hated the Seymours in it and have been playing EMG 81 and 85 pickups as well as the X version of the pickups. I love them all. But I've never done the voltage mods.

Comment

Working...
          X