Rocktron pro Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocktron pro Q

Hi all,Can anyone tell me how the rocktron pro Q is.How does it work compared to a regular EQ?Does it sound as good as a parametric EQ?Thanks for any help.Paul

Re: Rocktron pro Q

The ProQ is just an EQ of sorts that is based on the needs of the guitar. It has Bass, Treble controls, then a phase thing that has amount, and mix which is pretty usefull tonally. It has a notch/boost control with a preset width, and a mid adjustment, has hush and is MIDI controllable.

When they call it an Imager, that's not correct in the BBE or Apex Exciter sense.

The only things I see that I don't 'really" like is, that it can add to a slight processed sound in some conditions. But, I actually like that in ways for some things...

Definitely made my rig more "metal" sounding. At least YOU get to choose the freqs that are being manipulated, and it's easily switchable via MIDI...

I think it's a very cool unit, it's flexible and the HUSH is great. MIDI control is the coolest part. And it has definite use in my rack. But, my PQ-3 parametric is getting more use and I like its raw sound a bit more for my needs. But, I'm unsure whether I'd sell the ProQ yet. If I didn't have the parametric, I'd certainly be using the proQ totally.

[ March 31, 2003, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: Cleveland Metal ]

Comment

Hey cleve,Tell me what you think.Vince e mailed me last night and said he has a nos pro Q box and all.He wants $175 for it.Is that a good deal???I swear I have seen them on ebay for $50.I dont know if that was the final selling price but I dont remember them going for $175.Later paul.

Comment

Also is there anyway you can send me a copy of the instruction book for the pQ3?Thanks paul. [email protected]

Comment

Well, I just bought mine for $223.50 plus shipping and without a power supply. That was after watching them for around a year. I just wanted it suddenly and decided to go ahead take it.

Cheapest I've ever seen one sell for was aroung $160, and I waited and waited for one to pop up... never happened. When I sell mine, It will be up at $200+

I wish he'd have offered it up for $175 earlier when I was looking...

Seen them for $50? Had to be a starting bid I'm sure.

Comment

I bought my original PQ-3 used, and it was beat up without manual...

I did find this:

http://www.furmansound.com/pdfdata/PQ-3.pdf

It's the manual for the newer one... Almost the same as the old one other than the front jack and probably better op amps inside, maube Hi/low inputs on back, not sure... They say the old ones sound better... I like my old one, never tried the new ones. I think mine is a bass unit, it only goes up to like 8 or 10k

The PQ-3 and the Pro Q are very different products and both have their uses...

Comment

Do you have the PQ-3 with the black face, John? How does it affect the sound? I've been wondering about equalizers for my blossoming rack setup lately, but I just don't know a whole lot about parametric eqs. All I have is my little Boss GE-7 graphic eq.

Comment

Yeah, black face, red knobs... Well, it's somewhat noisy, but, it doesn't affect the tone like the crappy Berhinger parametric eq I had.

As far as useability, it's pretty cool and give the rack more of a head sound in my rig.

Depends of what you're looking for really. I needed to adjust out a couple freqs that I could hear in the CAE3+se that I didn't like, and it pretty much does it. Lots of adjustability, more than you might care to have, haha...

The ProQ did cool stuff too really. Especially since it's MIDI controlled, it's pretty cool... But, not a true parametric.

I think now that I ascertained that I do need a parametric for my particular needs, I'd like to try a TC Electronics 1140 Parametric. I hear they are really quiet and great sounding.

Comment

Hey guys sorry to bring back this thread after I just posted one (I should have searched before I posted...not after.) Anyway, I just picked up a Pro Q off Ebay for $68 shipped. I was wondering if anyone has a copy of the manual or any settings they would like to share. Rocktron has no more information regarding on the Pro Q on their site. I also picked up a Rocktron G612 Linemixer as well dirt cheap and would any info or manuals for that as well. Thanks.

Comment

Congrats on that. I saw it and was tempted to pick it up, just to have one around. I'm glad I didn't bid it up for you. I think this one was listed a bit weird or something because I definitely haven't seen them around for that cheap before (final value). I sold mine off in January for over $200 on ebay and it went with buy-it-now within two hours of listing it.

Have you checked the Rocktron website? That have a lot of user manuals online.

Comment

Yeah, I checkted the website and they have nothing, unless I just can't find it. Thanks for not bidding it up. I did see another that was also cheap...I think it is still up. This guy was funny. I asked him if their was anything wrong with it and his response was, "Why would I sell it if there was something wrong with it?" I told him that unfortunately many people do just that, so he amended his auction to read that there is nothing wrong with it. I asked him how much he wanted for it and he wouldn't reply. When I won, I thanked him for not ending the auction early and told him that I would have paid more for it. He told me that he didn't think he would get as much as he did! It was the same with the mixer. I have no real need for it, but have always wanted one, so I picked it up for the future. I think I paid around $50 for the mixer...now all I need is the rack interface (only because I wanted one of those as a kid also [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )

Comment

Working...
                      X