Does cream liqueur go bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does cream liqueur go bad?

So I'd really like an Irish coffee right now but I'm feeling too lazy to trot down to the store (2 blocks) for some fresh Bailey's. I've got a couple of open bottles of cheap crap in the bar that'll do in a pinch but they're like 3 years old. One says "for best results refrigerate after opening" - as if. The other says "for best results drink within 6 months of opening". Do I have to drag ass out to the store or are these probably still OK?
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Re: Does cream liqueur go bad?

Not sure, nothing like that lasts that long in this house.

Comment

<font color="yellow">We keep our alcohol in the freezer...

I think Bailey's has an expiration date tho...I don't know what keeping it that cold would do for the longevity.

I dunno..do the taste test [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

I wouldn't drink that if I were you unless you want your stomach pumped like David Bowie~ Especially if it's been open and left out of the 'fridge for that long...

Besides, an Irish coffee doesn't have any Irish cream in it. A 'traditional' Irish coffee has Irish whiskey, coffee liquor (like Kalua or Kamora) coffee, whipped cream, sprinkled with green creme de' menthe and of course....a cherry! Cheers! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

ummm....it contains dairy products....pour some out and it probably either has chunks in it or has solidified into cheese by now.

Comment

yes...it goes bad...d.m.
            http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              yes...it goes bad...d.m.

[/ QUOTE ]
              what he said

Comment

I say haul @ss to the store. And bring some back for the rest of us!

Comment

Yes, it goes bad.
                  No, freezing it doesn´t help, because it effectively separates the cream from the rest (Unlike Jägermeister or Akvavit, which are traditionally served below the freezing point of water) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X