Pre-recorded drum tracks for songs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-recorded drum tracks for songs?

This is probably unlikely. But does anyone know of anywhere to find pre-recorded drum tracks for misc songs, even in MIDI form maybe?

Just want some classic drum tracks to record guitar over basically and have some fun.

Prolly just have to dig up a drummer and give him headphones and record just him playing to stuff would be the easiest way, but you never know what it is out there I guess, so I'll ask.

Thanks!

Re: Pre-recorded drum tracks for songs?

You can get Guitar Pro files which often have midi drum tracks with them.
    You can check out www.mysongbook.com for those files.

Hope this helps

Flo
    http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

You've got a PM, bro. Dunno if this will work for ya, but it might help. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Flo, good idea! Thanks, I've never messed with that much, but maybe now is a good time, haha...

Em, back at ya! Thanks...

Comment

John, guitarpro is pretty good for making drum tracks, you can make very difficult polyrhythms with it, guitarpro has 32th and 64th notes so that's pretty sick. Then you can export that MIDI file and use it on Fruity Loops program where you can use tons of Soundfont samples wich can be downloaded for free, you can also use your own samples if you want. You can do the same thing with bass, keyboards, violin etc. Then you can use each track separately and mix them with some studio program (cool edit pro, cubase etc.)
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Thanks Endrik, I'm going to have to look at that.

I have Sony Soundforge 8 and never hardly mess with it...

I have a Creative Live Drive and a bunch of soundfont crap that worked with a MIDI keyboard controller I have. I never hardly touched. Sorta was confusing me, and I was busy with other stuff to learn how to use it really. Maybe time to play with it all this winter. I know I have some cool stuff here, and need to do something with it.

Thanks for the input!

Comment

Hey John,on the harmony central amp forum there's a sticky thread for backin tracks,some of them have just drums,ready for the use!

Comment

I'm there! Thanx!

Comment

For an enterprising drummer, this could be a great way to make some cash. Record a bunch of tunes and sell 'em.

Comment

Yeah, just give him a headset so he can hear the tune, and have him play along to it by himself and record it...

Kick ass...

Comment

Yeah, the Guitar Pro works great. I have about 5 songs in the works right now.

I always wanted to hear “Tom Sawyer” with heavy guitars and lower register vocals. So I got the GP file and exported the drum (Add double kick to some parts first) and bass MIDI trax separately then I just put each track into my recording program and just added my guitar and vocal trax...I played the keyboard parts on guitar too. Sounds pretty good if you don’t count my vocals! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'm in key (Mostly) but all the tracks bleed through to my mic...I didn’t think to used the headphones. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I added reverb and comp to the drums to make them more alive...

What I would like to find is some pre made drum tracks for that Beatcraft software.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

dave, have you heard deadsy's cover of tom sawyer? it's exactly what you're looking for. it fucking rules.
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I did hear that version...That was heavy in a different way than I had imagined it to be. (If I remember correctly)I need to check it out again...I was thinking more of a Puppets era Metallica heavy.

I did the intro with a volume swell and two guitar tracks played the traditional way and another two with more power chords and harmonics. I used the keyboard track for a guide but, it's pretty much buried with guitar now. The one think that I thought turned out cool was the solo...I played the first 5 or 6 notes then go off but, the solo is so imbedded in my head that I could help but hit certain key notes. To tell the ya truth, I dont think I could have copied that solo note for note anyhow. Alex Lifeson has that trippy way of playing that I find difficult to nail down.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Working...
                          X