Pawn shop score!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pawn shop score!!

Most of you will be disappointed that it's not a guitar. But this is my golden goose right now. Original model series charvel case. $25 in over all really good condition. Not cracked no broken latches. The felt is rubbed a little thin in one spot as you can see in the pic. I wish I could find 3 more just like it.

People who look at my post history know that I'm fascinated by cases, and in particular finding inexpensive ones that are either an approximate or exact match for orphaned guitars. It all started when I bought a Charvel Model 1C in spring 2016 without a case, and ever since have been hunting for a period-correct case for it at a fair price. Your $25 Model Series chainsaw case is a dream find for someone like me who even buys up generic-fit cases for CAD$50 (under USD$40) and unfortunately I can never find anything good in my local pawn shops. Congratulations!

Comment

I rarely find anything at the pawn shop either. And super strats with a angled back pointy headstock are harder to find a case for than most people would think.

Comment

I just dug back in my post history, trying to find an old topic I started about how rare it is (other than a Model Series chainsaw case) to find a fitted case that fits a full-sized Strat body paired with a pointy angled-back headstock, until I realized you and I have talked about cases before! https://www.jcfonline.com/threads/15...-this-case-fit

Glad you found the correct case for your Model 2 rather quickly!

Comment

Yup. I remember. And I've been on the hunt non stop. They are out there but usually high priced and typically broken.

Now I need to find one for my model 1 and model 5 ��

Comment

The one advantage about the Model 5, if you are unable to find a Model Series chainsaw case for it, is that it will fit in a Soloist fitted case

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
              The one advantage about the Model 5, if you are unable to find a Model Series chainsaw case for it, is that it will fit in a Soloist fitted case
              That is good to know. I found a model 5/6 case but they want $125 plus $40 shipping .....ouch

Comment

And the search continues.......this is a bass case...dang it.

Comment

I found this one on Reverb. It's not "exact" but very close. See if you're interested...

https://reverb.com/item/18724986-cha...9-1990-s-black

Comment

I also found two similar to that Reverb case...

One in Detroit https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/m...792995445.html

and one in Texas https://collegestation.craigslist.or...802589057.html

Comment

All three of those cases are for the toothpaste logo charvel guitars and the model series will not fit in those cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Jr_vw2 View Post
                        All three of those cases are for the toothpaste logo charvel guitars and the model series will not fit in those cases.
                        Shows how much I know about Charvels well, I tried to help

Comment

I did not know that.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                            I did not know that.
                            The model series has a full size strat body. The toothpaste era has a smaller body.....closer to a dinky

Comment

Originally posted by Jr_vw2 View Post
                              The model series has a full size strat body. The toothpaste era has a smaller body.....closer to a dinky
                              Most of the bolt-on Model series have full size strat bodies. The neckthru Model 5 & 6 are dinky sized. Model 8 & 88 were dinky bodied bolt-ons

The toothpaste era guitars were dinkies (apart from the early 275s which initially came with a strat body). If some of the bodies look a little different to what we commonly think of as a dinky, that can be put down to the shorter horns of the 22 fret models. The overall body length is the same but 24 fret guitars (the modern dinky) have deeper cutaways.
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X