Arpeggios!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjw
    I could never get into Becker as i didnt like his (style)but i love macalpine/vinnie moore and malmsteen
    I am not a hudge fan of Becker too , actually there is only one song by him that i like -"Altitudes".

I only learnt his song serrana because one guy on estonian board called me lier, if i told him that i could learn serrana if i wanted to , thats why i made the vid.lol

Now i listen to these guys T Mac, G.Howe. F. Gambale, B. Garsed , Holdsworth, Hammett( only vibrato wise) lol......
    Last edited by JC_Denton; 04-26-2006, 07:26 AM.

Comment

"I only learnt his song serrana because one guy on estonian board called me lier, if i told him that i could learn serrana if i wanted to , thats why i made the vid.lol"

ahahaaa, this is so fucking typical around here
      bunch of geeks with no life spending 24/7 behind the computer, jerking off and critiqicing everyone. This is the best description for Estonian metalhead lol Shitty taste in music, super jelaous, don't get laid, sloppy on their instrument and can't dial a decent tone to save their life.
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Unfortunately all that Endrik just said is very true 99% of estonian rock forum members are idiots!!!!!!!!!

Comment

mate most rock forum/jazz/fusion forum members are cunts-i fucking give up talking to the twats,they always know best-offer advice to people who can play but when you ask to hear a clip from them then they get shy and say they cant put tunes on the internet..lol..the reason is there fucking SHIT-its like this guys-those who shout the loudest have normaly the least to say-but they often think they can play even when they post SHIT(even on this board there is one muppet who talks the talk but cant play to save his fucking life-luckily everyone ignores him

Comment

eh, our metalheads are retards even in real life
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I've breen listening to a lot of Vinnie Moore lately. I really like the way he incorporates 3-4 note arpeggios into his melodies and doesn't just use them to sweep a lot of quick notes into his solos. I've been watching some of those Chad Coggins videos, damn he is fast and smooth!
              I agree with the others JC : Greg Howe (my fav I love the way he taps out his arps, very cool), Gambale, Kotzen, Micheal Lee Firkins, is another great player, I also like the way Marty Friedman uses arpeggios , he likes to add notes outside of the scale to the arpeggio to give it an 'exotic" flavor.
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by jjw
                mate most rock forum/jazz/fusion forum members are cunts-i fucking give up talking to the twats,they always know best-offer advice to people who can play but when you ask to hear a clip from them then they get shy and say they cant put tunes on the internet..lol..the reason is there fucking SHIT-its like this guys-those who shout the loudest have normaly the least to say-but they often think they can play even when they post SHIT(even on this board there is one muppet who talks the talk but cant play to save his fucking life-luckily everyone ignores him
                For a second there, I thought you must've been following me about the internet.

But then, I've mentioned plenty of times how shithouse my playing is, have never professed to have any Yngwie tune down pat, and refuse to post mp3s for fear of embarrassing myself

still doesn't account for why everyone ignores me though.....
                Hail yesterday

Comment

nahh your not a muppet mate,and this board goes against the norm of ignoring people/posts.hang out on a fusion forum to see these twats behave like their better than anyone out there!

Comment

Music is all about emotion, if you lose the emotion you've lost the music.
                    As has been said before speed etc. is great but is just another tool or color to use.Any one technique over used diminishes its effectiveness.
                    LESS IS MORE

Comment

more is more

Comment

Originally posted by JC_Denton View Post
                        Yes becker is good and has a lots of feel , but so do richie and frank(they jsut have different feel it takes time to understand)! Also jason Beckers sweeps basic and not difficult at all to learn. And if you like Jason Becker then check out a guy Called TheJonezter, prog metal neo classical player ( loads of sweeps) , I like him more than Becker. He has many songs that are only swept:=)

It just takes time to understand those fusion guys I started understading them after hearing " Extraction".

Also i love more modern technique than some of those old neo players have
                        lol Thanks for the props so very long ago!

TheJonezter died tho. It's just me now...K.C. Jones. I sure do miss those days!

Comment

Working...
                        X