No announcement yet.

Arpeggios!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes this is cool , i am made a long post here witch i deleted , damn!.

Well that long post short . Yes chad is the man when it comes to rock guitar, if somone will not agree then all he has to do is listen to AWAY.

Eric glass has become my favortie player, his lines are inpossible to play , dude buts all his surrealistic thoughts to his music. Holdsworth+jeff beck + steve vai + albert lee+ ...... Have been learning his 2 rivers for 6 month and still cant play te first minute of it .

You JJW have very uniqe style. all the things that you play fit together , it is one stye one person _JJW - Just like chad and danny . Not like i everything i do is separte form the upcoming line . all my arps are solen form you or Chad .FUCK, it just dont know how to come up with somthing different using arps , but so wish i had my arp playing style . When i will meet you next time Justin , i will ask you how did you find your own arp playing style???!!!
    I am jsut so sick and tired of that neo classical arp playing style , you danny and chad make them sound totally different!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik
      vibrato
      • vertical violin vibrato ala Uli Jon Roth
      • horizontal violin vibrato
      How do you do these vibratos? Do you need a GOOD ear or is there a secret of somekind? Any tips?

Comment

I can do it , but my english is to bad to explain it , and my pc is borken so i can not do a lesson too. Ok ill giva a try to explain it . will send you a private message

Comment

I've seen JC play, he can tear Fareri's head off and also he can drink him under the table
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

LOL! Wow this kind of turned in the direction of a discussion of the French guy.
            I happen to pick him as one example and brought him up to make a point - and the point was that many players (shredders or what not) have come up with some really cool ways to "connect the dots" so to speak. (Tony Smotherman is a good example).

Now some of these players may sound like crap because they play to fast, have not learned to develop tone with their fingers or have shitty vibrato technique etc... because they only concentrate on speed. I totally agree with these assessments.

But my point is you can look at how they are connecting those dots and incorporate these note connections into your own style using good tone, vibrato, etc... and improvise and add to what they are doing. Slow it down, whatever. But there are a lot of neat things people have come up with in the development of arpeggio playing that can be disected, studied and then incorporated and finally improvised into a persons playing.

Learn from other people and then add the stuff to your style of playing thats all.
            PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

your welcome to stay here anytime JC,next time i will make you drink more beers!and we will do some recording together!
              concerning my sound/style
              After i graduated from the guitar institute i didnt copy anyones guitar licks for year and years-when i was happy that i played in my own way with my own sound then i could safely add licks when i come across them-i am in that process now that i am borrowing ideas from many guitarists-i never wanted to sound like any other guitarist note for note,it was always my goal to sound like me,and at long last it has finaly fallen into place
              Endrik-Yeahh i was impressed with JC a lot,i hadnt heard him play before but i have chatted to him on other music sites(guitarwar)and you could tell he was eager to learn-when he turned up at my place with his beat up jackson i realy loved his neoclassic style playing-and yeahh he fucking pisses all over that farei geezer because unlike that spammer he has phrases and dynamics with some sizzling vibrato

Comment

yeah JC is a cool MOFO, I went to his place to help him to dial some good tones and shit, when he plugged in I thought he is gonna sound like some sloppy punk hack because I'm used to see that everyone sucks ass around here, boyyyye how wrong I was dude just wailed with ease. He has a really nice vibrato too wich sounds like a mix of George Lynch and Blues Saraceno. And he takes his music pretty seriously too and practices a lot, unlike me
                Last edited by Endrik; 04-24-2006, 05:34 PM.
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

no matter how hard i try i cant do the arps...my hands arent fast enough 3 yrs of trying just to play and i still suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul
                    How do you do these vibratos? Do you need a GOOD ear or is there a secret of somekind? Any tips?
                    Uli Jon Roth violin vibrato is very simple, it's just a normal up and down blues/rock vibrato, it has a narrow to medium width and the speed is medium. Technically very easy, but if you don't have good ear and feel then you are screwed. That vibrato needs a lot of feel.

The real violin vibrato isn't very hard either but you just need work on it seriously. You got to have the right feel to do it. It's pretty hard to exmplain it, a lot of classical and flamenco guitarists do it, Steve Vai does it occasionally. One of JC's friend who is also a great player does that very well, he was a violin player.

You don't slide it much, maybe just a little bit, use your finger like a rocking chair, turn the finger a little bit to the one side then a little bit to the other side. Do it fast. Or another motion is like you are stretching the string to one side and to the other side. You don't move your finger a lot. It is a very subtle vibrato.

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik
                      I've seen JC play, he can tear Fareri's head off and also he can drink him under the table

LMAO

Also JJW and Endrik , thank you very much for the nice words, it means a lot

You both rock!!!

Comment

My 2 cents...
                        Depending on who you talk to...
                        Arpeggios are nice to have in ones arsenal to draw from, BUT, most certainly doesn't qualify one a good or great player. I enjoy good shredding like the next, but when its saturated with continious arpeggios, I'm turned off.
                        As much as I know firsthand the difficulty learning to sweep arpeggios and etc, I'm still not impressed if the lick, song, solo is saturated with arpeggios. You can have to much of a good thing and wear it out to where it no longer appeals, the wow factor is gone.

Thats why I can only for so long listen to arpeggio players like malmsteen and other like him. Yep I can do some arpeggios, (not as good as others but even so) when listening to arpeggio players my ear picks up on certain arpeggios right away. After hearing the 2nd or 3rd tune, it all blends to me and sounds the same, very predictable.

I think only one of the many arpeggios players that had the "feel" vibe to his playing where I didn't get bored and stop listening, was Jason Becker. It was his "feel" that struck me with his style of playing. Jason's playing inspired me to learn what very few arpeggios I know. Imo, he had the "feel" vibe that was and still is missing with most of the arpeggios players out there. I can listen to him and very grow bored.
                        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Yes you are talking about new classical arp playing , but check out players like Chad Coggin, frank gambale , richie kotzen,jjw - they have totally different direction in arp playing

Comment

I've got both, Richies and Franks' video (actually a couple of Franks videos, I like him) where they demonstrate and teach apreggios and are darn good good at it, but imo no feel to either. Jason gots them whipped in the "feel" department when it comes to apreggios. Richie and Frank are technically proficient, but no feel.
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=vQd9S5vD3...jason%20becker
                            Last edited by Soap; 04-26-2006, 12:07 AM.
                            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

all depends on what you class as feel department in arps-i take it you have a passion for neoclassicaly composed shapes,thats cool
                              frank plays amazing arps and richie kotzen has those killer modern bluesy slippery arps,brett garsed is another who plays very unusual arps that have loads of color.Also i have seen JC Denton playing serrena note perfect and timing speed wise on his jackson in my living room sitting on my sofa
                              I could never get into Becker as i didnt like his (style)but i love macalpine/vinnie moore and malmsteen

Comment

Yes becker is good and has a lots of feel , but so do richie and frank(they jsut have different feel it takes time to understand)! Also jason Beckers sweeps basic and not difficult at all to learn. And if you like Jason Becker then check out a guy Called TheJonezter, prog metal neo classical player ( loads of sweeps) , I like him more than Becker. He has many songs that are only swept:=)

It just takes time to understand those fusion guys I started understading them after hearing " Extraction".

Also i love more modern technique than some of those old neo players have

Comment

Working...
                                X