Arpeggios!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arpeggios!!!!!!

I love arpeggios!!! Anyone know where I can find the most insane arpeggios??? I'm not scared!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: Arpeggios!!!!!!

this guy has LOADS of vids on his site

http://www.chadcoggin.com/video.htm
    Last edited by jjw; 04-13-2006, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Re: Arpeggios!!!!!!

www.chopsfromhell.com www.rustycooley.com
      www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Comment

Thanks guys!!!

Comment

www.mattmillsmusic.com this man is faster than yngwie!

Comment

Try Joe Stump. His latest instructional DVD, "Neo-Classical II" features sweeping and a lot of other good stuff... if you're not scared.
            Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I have worked extensively with arpeggios and looked at a lot of sources on them.

Some of the most interesting apreggio stuff I have seen has come from that French guy .... hope I am spelling it correctly .... Frencesco Ferrari. He has taken the Jason Becker thing and added to it.
              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Originally posted by shredmonster
                I have worked extensively with arpeggios and looked at a lot of sources on them.

Some of the most interesting apreggio stuff I have seen has come from that French guy .... hope I am spelling it correctly .... Frencesco Ferrari. He has taken the Jason Becker thing and added to it.
                yeah, he is really good at it. take a listen to his song called "suspension". it's on his site: www.francescofareri.com

btw, he's italian and correct spelling is francesco fareri.

check out his forum too:
                http://www.theshredzone.com/cgi-bin/...1371;start=285

they have a "ask francesco", "ask rusty" etc.... and they really come up and reply!

Comment

rusty is cool,sounds shit hot these days

Comment

seriously guys Chad coggin is the best out there for playing,his arps are very musical.Francesco does nothing for me what so ever,heard him a few years back and recently checked him out to see if he was better now-and he isnt
                    Ok as a player i spose but it seems to me he rakes his arps quickly and his phrases are basicaly scales-speed wise he is insane,but speed isnt everything

EDIT-checked out his myspace site clips,say no more
                    Last edited by jjw; 04-13-2006, 12:47 PM.

Comment

"He has taken the Jason Becker thing and added to it."
                      ok, gotta admit that i'm not even close to fareri as far as pure speed and technique is concerned, and i doubt i ever will.
                      however, he just can't be compared to becker. becker made music (and very good music i might add ) whereas fareri is - just like jjw said - basically just noodling scaled up and down at insane speeds without any melody whatsoever - imho.

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle
                        ok, gotta admit that i'm not even close to fareri as far as pure speed and technique is concerned, and i doubt i ever will.
                        however, he just can't be compared to becker. becker made music (and very good music i might add ) whereas fareri is - just like jjw said - basically just noodling scaled up and down at insane speeds without any melody whatsoever - imho.
                        Yeah I too think Jason was more musical no doubt about it. And personally I like a combination of musicality and technique overall in a guitar player.

But Fareri does do some really cool things if you look at what he is doing when it is tabbed out. You can take what he is doing and use it and make it musical - you don't have to play it the same way.

I use to listen to all of the fast guys. The faster the better. All of the sudden playing got rediculously fast so much that it has become unmusical in many cases. I have found I really like guys that have a nice balance of speed, vibrato, phrasing and musical complexity and originality.

But a lot of the current speedsters are doing some interesting things - they have built up on what has come before them. And much of this stuff you can take and slow it down, phrase and express it differently and make it sound really good.
                        PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle
                          Yeah I too think Jason was more musical no doubt about it. And personally I like a combination of musicality and technique overall in a guitar player.

But Fareri does do some really cool things if you look at what he is doing when it is tabbed out. You can take what he is doing and use it and make it musical - you don't have to play it the same way.

I use to listen to all of the fast guys. The faster the better. All of the sudden playing got rediculously fast so much that it has become unmusical in many cases. I have found I really like guys that have a nice balance of speed, vibrato, phrasing and musical complexity and originality.

But a lot of the current speedsters are doing some interesting things - they have built up on what has come before them of course. And much of this stuff you can take and slow it down, phrase and express it differently and make it sound really good.
                          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

fuck that crap he is rubbish..lol..i am not going to be diplomatic about it anymore-he isnt fit to be mentioned in the same fucking breath as jason becker.He and other scale players have the NET profile they have because there fucking good spammers.They will send an email off to their musical peers(lets say Greg Howe)and if he says (i like your playing-in private email..and he doesnt give a fuck realy he is just being polite)they will fucking add that comment to their site-fucking bullishit spamming
                            It seems you also need to do shit lessons on chops from hell as well-the blokes bad,realy bad-you cant polish a turd
                            Last edited by jjw; 04-19-2006, 02:32 PM.

Comment

I have to side with Justin on this one
                              Players like Franceso and George Bellas and Mathew Mills and Theodore Ziros have turned playing a musical instrument into a purely mechanical
                              excercise. When I watch Francesco Fareri and the rest of these guys I always marvel at the level of "technical" and "mechanical" excellence they have achieved.
                              But very rarely do they ever say anything when they play. To me it seems like all these guys have done is turned on a metronome and learned to alternate pick and sweep as fast as humanly possible.
                              I own of of Bellas's CD, one of Joe stumps CDs and I have heard all these other guys.
                              I can't comment on rustey Cooley because I haven't really listened to him yet, but as for the rest of them...........it's god awful, it's not music, it's just speed exercises over chord changes over a drum beat.
                              Listen to people like Gerg Howe or Brett Garsed or Andy Timmons, these guys can all shred but they shred musically, it's not a constant all out note assualt for 4 minutes at a time.
                              some of these guys may even be great teachers for mechanics but I wouldn't want to sound like any of them.
                              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Working...
                              X