I can't get any faster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I can\'t get any faster

When i should name one guitarist that i realy dont like , i would name Francisco Ferrari. No vibrato , lame riffs , nothing imo only sports. But then i wouldnt like to insult him because he seems to like the "music" he is doing and a lot of his chops are scary witch took him years of hard practice for sure.

Comment

I also see it as a paintbox - if I have more options playing-wise, then I have more colors to 'draw' with. One thing that I try to do is be able to play what I hear in my head - when I can do that, I'm a happy guy indeed. Sometimes I hear something that's just not obtainable with the chops I have, and that frustrates the hell out of me.

One thing that really helped me play over ballads and slower songs is that I can play in major keys (which a lot of the blues guys suck at) and I know what notes to put emphasis on to get the desired effect.

Try this next time you play over a slow progression - focus on the 1/2 steps in the scale (for C, it's b-c and also e-f) I love the sounds of those. Mix those up with extended arpeggios within the scale (Cmaj7, Dm7, Em7, Fmaj7, G7, Am7, Bmb5) and you can get some really cool sounds.

Pete

Comment

Thanks for the advice Pete, I'll look into that.

I also hate when I can't play what I "hear" should go over something. There is a part in one of our songs that picks up after the main guitar solo, and I want to be able to play some sweep picked arpeggios over the progression, but I can't quite do it fast enough to play it. It makes me nuts! Now I'm stuck doing the two string arpeggio thing (think the second solo in Mr. Crowley). I'm working on it though... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
        X