Need help with my sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with my sound

Hey all I'm trying to achieve a sound when playing solos and am having trouble and not sure how to explain it. I have two videos here (not mine) the first one is how my rig sounds and the second one is what I am trying to achieve. I think what I am missing is a stereo delay but want everyone's opinion/help.

My setup: Charvel San Dimas promod (japan)>Randall RM100> T.C. Electronics Nova Delay (parallel loop)>V30 Speakers.

You should get the idea within the first 25 seconds of both videos

This is what my rig sounds like
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CVy...4v_QRMJohe1pNg

and this is what I am trying to achieve
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LxE...4v_QRMJohe1pNg

If anyone can help me get this sound or even know any solo instructional videos in this style it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by z1n; 03-20-2014, 03:02 PM.

Add mids and a bit of delay, and you're as good as done
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Thanks NBat I did that and it is better but still sounds like my delay is in mono. Im gonna borrow a small amp and try running my delay using the stereo outputs to my head and the borrowed head ad see.

Comment

Stereo delay is fun in bedroom and/or studio and all, but forget it live
        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
          Stereo delay is fun in bedroom and/or studio and all, but forget it live
          Exactly. You'll spend a bunch of time getting that stereo delay down and then everywhere you play will have a mono PA setup.
          My Toys:
          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
          '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
          '94 Dinky HX in Black
          '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

The only thing I hear about the delay is that it is set for multiple repeats, and you should be able to set your delay to do that.

add another vote to scrapping the stereo delay idea, unless your rig never leaves the house
            Out Of Ideas

Comment

Working...
            X