Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rocksmith? Anyone use it? Worth getting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocksmith 2014 is the reason I am here. I saw something about the session mode and thought it looked pretty cool. At the same time I was being bugged to give xmas gift ideas, so I put it on my list. I had a nice guitar that I played in college and when I lived at home but once I got a real job and moved out the guitar stayed in the case. Apartments and electric guitars don't mix well.
    20 years later I had pretty much forgotten all of my guitar skills. I was self taught and learned from friends and mostly had just jammed power chords and learned easy metal riffs. I was pretty sucky to begin with.
    Rocksmith 2014 has taught me so much is such a short time it is incredible. They have an adaptive system that tracks your progress and teaches you along the way.
    Not only does it have formal lessons about picking/fretting/chords/etc but it teaches you things about tone and amps and effect placement. There are video games that you can use to practice techniques. I have my 3 year old asking me to get his "guntar" (I got him a cheap Fender) so we can play the games.
    Priceless!!!!
    There are "challenges" in all areas (songs, sessions, lessons, games) that give you incentive to try things that you might not normally do and play styles or with instruments you may have never considered. It really broadens your horizons
    On the down side I have blown many thousands on 4 amps, cables, effects, 3 guitars, gadgets and building a studio in the last 4 months.
    GAS I love it!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X