metronome question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metronome question

I keep hearing I need to practice with a metronome. Is there a good metronome download that you prefer to use? Preferably free.

This is the free one I downloaded. Works great. http://tempoperfect.en.softonic.com/ And it's good to practice with a metronome. Using one really helped me to hone my sense of time, Now once a song starts off the metronome in my head is set. I can almost hear an imaginary click in my head at times when I'm playing. It's a blessing and a curse, haha.
    My Toys:
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
    '94 Dinky HX in Black
    '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

Comment

What? I always thought a metronome was a small dwarfish creature that dressed up in GQ type clothing, hangs out with the trendiest other gnomes in the trendiest gnome places??
        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Nothing will ever replace spending money and being able to physically hold something in your hand.

www.get-tuned.com
          I am sure there are others, but I used this one when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
            What? I always thought a metronome was a small dwarfish creature that dressed up in GQ type clothing, hangs out with the trendiest other gnomes in the trendiest gnome places??
            No, no, no.
            You're thinking of two words (or one hyphenated word). He is using one word. They sound alike.
            Its much like the phrase
            helping my uncle jack off a horse
            It really takes on a different meaning depending on the punctuation.

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
              This is the free one I downloaded. Works great. http://tempoperfect.en.softonic.com/ And it's good to practice with a metronome. Using one really helped me to hone my sense of time, Now once a song starts off the metronome in my head is set. I can almost hear an imaginary click in my head at times when I'm playing. It's a blessing and a curse, haha.
              +1
              I use that metronome too.. I also use an older drum program called PC Drummer which sounds pretty good and is just awesome in its simplicity
              GEAR:
              #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
              #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
              #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
              #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
              #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
              AMPS:
              1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
              ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                So, did you kill him?

anyways

I use an app called "Smartchord", because,... well, it gives me at least some use for my phone

apart from tabs of chords, scales and other stuff, it also has a metronome and in that a speed trainer
                "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Many appz out there on the iPhone/Android.

At home, I use this on my laptop: http://simple.bestmetronome.com/
                  JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                  Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

If you are on Mac there is this one. http://members.ozemail.com.au/~ronfleckner/metronome/

Easy and just enough frills.
                    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                      It really takes on a different meaning depending on the punctuation.
                      Capitalization....silly.

Comment

capitalization?

You want me to charge for that service?

Comment

To old school to prefer a real one.

Got the Boss DB-60 some months ago. My skills improve every time I use it. Worth the price? Oh yes.
                          What Is Paying For Your Passion For Being A Guitarist?

Comment

I use an old school korg drum machine. I can program JUST a metronome, adjust the time signature, swing rate, etc. plus I can program patterns and adjust the time signature, swing rate, etc. I have had it for 25 years now and it has been one of the MOST indispensable tools in my practice regimen and recording studio.
                            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X