Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you find motivation to play after work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the OP, getting home at 11 P.M. after a long shift at a job that you aren't thrilled about probably leaves you plain exhausted when you get home. So I can see why the motivation isn't all there. I myself have been slacking severely with my guitar playing. Spending the weekends at my GF's apt. hasn't been helping either, even though I do have an electric guitar there but no amp So I plan on playing at least for 30 minutes each night after work everyday. It's been to big a part of my life to let go. Besides I have all these cool guitars... I must play! However I have a new neighbor and he's been constantly bitching about the noise from my apt while just listening to music... fuck him! We'll see how that goes

Comment

Aussie Terry, did you ever find the motivation to practice??

Comment

My office is in my studio so I have the opposite problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84 View Post
          Aussie Terry, did you ever find the motivation to practice??
          Nope , i dont think i will until i leave this shitty job for something better. Its really draining me mentally.

i've been doing this job for 6 years (retail) transferred to a brand new store where my manager is new yet treats me like i know nothing so i spend the day doing monotise jobs in the trade section of this stupidly ran hardware store, the type of jobs youd expect the work experience kid to do not someone whose been doing this shit for 6 years!

it just drains me mentally when i come home i just wanna sit and rest and play video games or watch tv.

i'm working on my ticket outta there atm.

its a brand new hardware business in Australia based on it co run by a large American hardware store, the only thing is its run by the Australian business who own the majority share. This company is well known as being extremely greedy and all about putting shareholders first. Therefore each store has about 16 managers and every store turns into a giant clusterfuck.

quite a few longterm workers at this store with me and they all want out. Of course the greenhorns dont know wats up and love the place but give it a few more months.
          USA Jackson RR1
          Charvel Model 6
          Jackson Performer-2
          Orange Dark Terror
          EVH 5150 LBX
          Hello Senòr

Comment

Jamming with other musicians can be a nice fresh injection of motivation.. you want your chops to be up to scratch if you are gonna be playing with other people in a band situation. Thats how it happened with me anyway.. i noticed guitar playing getting a bit stagnant and the oportunity to join a band came up. just learning the songs got the creative juices flowing and my playing has real benefitted from this.

That sucks about your job OP, I can see how that would be very mentally draining. Looks like you are taking the right steps to get out of that situation though - good luck with it all!

-Drew

Comment

Working...
            X