Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dave Brubeck's "Take five" as played by me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Brubeck's "Take five" as played by me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR7FKWF192Q

What can I say? "Take Five" has always been a favorite of mine, such a cool song and an evergreen. Recording this cover however posed me with some problems though: first and foremost, I can't play piano and I can't play saxophone either, furthermore programming the drum machine inside my Yamaha PSR 2500 keyboard to play a 5/8 jazz beat proved to be tremendous pain but I managed to pull it off. I can't do a Jazz drum solo so I decided to do that drum solo on my Ovation acoustic guitar by whacking and slapping the top, it's not the same as that epic drum solo but it was the best I could do with my limited resources.

As usual all instruments were recorded using my Line6 Toneport and Ableton recording software. The instruments used were my Squier 1989 Stratocaster "the veteran", my Custom Jan Knooren five string bass guitar, my Ovation Pinnacle Electro acoustic guitar and my Yahama PSR 2500 keyboard.

I hope you guys like my version.

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
    The instruments used were my Squier 1989 Stratocaster "the veteran", my Custom Jan Knooren five string bass guitar, my Ovation Pinnacle Electro acoustic guitar and my Yahama PSR 2500 keyboard.
    You forgot to list your lungs and mouth that whistled the main melody!

I like the natural harmonics immediately prior to and during the "drum solo"
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

useful tips

This is great! It really shows me where to expand my blog. I think that sometime in the future I might try to write a book to go along with my blog, but we will see…Good post with useful tips and ideas

Comment

Working...
      X