jgcable cool edit 2.0 heavy Lynch style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jgcable cool edit 2.0 heavy Lynch style

The metronome is still in the mix ( I still can't figure out how to mute it) but here as a heavy riff with some Lynch type soloing over it. The chords are a little "clippy" but pretend they are crystal clear!
    Equipment:
    Roland Cube 30 on R-Fier setting
    Ibanez USRG20TP with Steves Special and Air Norton
    Direct into a Soundblaster Audigy Pro card.

Heavy Riff

Re: jgcable cool edit 2.0 heavy Lynch style

Sounds good. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Now for the metronome issue. Go to the multitrack view, by hitting the F12 key, if your not already using it and look in the bottom right corner of the screen. You'll see two buttons; Advanced and Metronome. Simply click on the Metronome button.

Comment

I tried that but it doesn't work. If I record a track using the metronome it cannot be removed. Also, I notice that every track that I reocrd automatically records whatever is on the previous recorded tracks. It is almost like an automatic bounce.

Comment

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Strange. The metronome should never make into the mix at all. I did several tests with the metronome on and in each one it doesn't make it into the recording.

So I delved a little deeper. I opened Creative Mixer 2 and selected "What U Hear" as my recording source. Doing this records all output going to the speakers. So when I turn the metronome on and record, playback results in the metronome.

In your case this could be the problem, maybe. I say maybe because normally only one recording source at a time can be selected on a card. So you could have, say, line in or microphone selected but not both. I'm not familiar with the Audigy cards so maybe the Audigy cards allow this. Now if you have two sound cards then each one could have a seperate recording source selected and CEP 2.0 does support multiple sound cards.

If you have one sound card and you're using the metronome whilst recording the new track and playing back the other tracks simultaneously; then most likely your recording source is either line in or microphone 2/line in 2 or something to that effect. If it were set to "What U Hear" it would record the metronome and other tracks but not the new track you're recording since the recording input is the output of the speakers. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Hope this helps out some.

Comment

"What you hear" was EXACTLY the problem. I switched it to line in and the metronome now is not recorded in the mix! It was one of the issues when using a Soundblaster Audigy card but thanks to you the problem is gone! Thanks bro...

Comment

Good stuff Mr. Eddie Van Lynch! I've always wanted to shred like that, but I've got too much of the damn bluesy-bendy metal style in me. When I play that fast it sounds like pig slop. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Good job bro.

Comment

Thanks alot bro. I often get the Lynch comparison. It is hard to shake his influence on me. I appreciate your comment.

Comment

Here is a cleaner downloadable version..
                Lynch shred

Comment

Woah.

Keith
                  The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Working...
                  X