jgcable cool edit pro 2.0 song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jgcable cool edit pro 2.0 song

Not really the music I am listening to normally, but this is a great tune!
    As I expected, the tone is very good. I am using mostly similar equipment (Roland Micro Cube, Soundblaster Audigy Player and Cubasis).

Re: jgcable cool edit pro 2.0 song

The mix sounds great! You seemed to have found you way around using Cool Edit very quickly. It's a great home studio tool that is on professional levels for sure. As for the metronome, the only way I know how to control it is by going to 'options', then clicking 'metronome' and fooling with it from there. I never had that problem so im unsure. Have you begun to use any of the Cool Edit effects such as normalizing and hiss reduction and stuff like that? They will will make recordings sound very professional. You can get to them by the 'switch to edit view' button right below 'file' (icon looks like a sound wave), then to 'effects'. Yours sounded great!

Comment

hello, soothing tune [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
      i hear a little distortion(digital?) maybe. on some of the high's. kinda like a little clipping in spots....maybe a spike in the waveform or something? i dont know, just some harshness in some of the high's..maybe even that metronome click falling in the same places. i'd like to hear it again with nothing elese but the click off, if you can figure out how to get the metronome off just to hear if that is causing the harshness. the mix of the guitars is fine. i can hear the diffrent guitars good. it sounds good to me, if i was to change anything i would just play around with letting the diffrent parts pan in out and around to give some movement, givin the mood of the piece..good work though [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] i like this kind of playing right along with the shredding, kinda yin and yang.
      MOSH ON
      DAVE
      "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Good job ! Nice song, soothing like MOSH said. Good mix although that metronome's gotta go. How 'bout adding a Vai or Satriani like trem solo like a melting candle if you know what I mean to have the guitar cry for us. I like it !

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

jgcable cool edit pro 2.0 song

I just got this program and although I can't figure how to shut the metronome off I mixed it down anyway! Please let me know how the clarity and the mix sound. It is just 5 tracks using my Fender Strat Deluxe and my Roland Cube 30 direct into a Sound Blaster Audigy Pro card. I am using the JC120 model on the Cube 30 and the only effects are from the amp itself which are touch of reverb and some delay. It is clean and fairly corny but I am interested in how you guys think the mix sounds.

jgcable cool edit 2.0 test song

Comment

Working...
          X