Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording help for a moron?

Nice hat [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Do NOT go into the Mic input - that thing's got a preamp on it that'll distort all but voice input.
    Go into the Line Input (if you have one, if not, check out a SoundBlaster card).

CoolEdit's a good one - that's what I use (well, CoolEdit2000, but with the plugins it's the same thing just with fewer tracks than Pro)

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Recording help for a moron?

What Newc said. Alot of sound cards sum the right and left mic inputs anyways, so you couldn't record stereo or 2 channel.

Matt

Comment

Recording help for a moron?

Okay, so I'm not really a "moron," but I just got a POD and I want to make some PC recordings. Here is my current plan:

1. Get a cable with two (2) 1/4" mono jacks running into a single stereo 1/8" jack.

2. Run this cable from the Left/Right outputs on the POD into the Microphone input on the sound card.

3. Fire away.

I've also picked out the drum machine I'll use, Percussion Studio, and the recording software, Cool Edit Pro.

Can any of you offer tips, rants, advice? Any help will be appreciated.
      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Re: Recording help for a moron?

Thanks, guys. The Line In is what I actually meant (yeah, sure, cover up now. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Will Cool Edit let my drum track play while I play along with it and record? Sorry, but I'm a total novice at PC recording. I've used a Yamaha 4-track before. Is it at all like that?
        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Working...
        X