Nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightmare

Turn off the lights and crank it up... muah-ha-hah!!!!!!!!!!!

Nightmare

My music

Thanks!
    Annah

Re: Nightmare

cool shit man as always !!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve!

Comment

Wow, did you get plastic surgery done on your ears, Annah? Me likey! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Annah you freakin kickass Big Time!!!

Derek

Comment

Incredible song! I just love the first riff you kick it off with... sounds awesome.

Comment

Thanks you guys!

By the way, tonight I went back and re-recorded all the rhythm tracks using my Marshall instead of the MPXG2. Guitar tones are MUCH more crisp and less digital sounding. The TSL100 is such a baddass amp!

Annah

Comment

That is cool.. well done and with alot of creative input as always.

You have a section about 3/4 thru where it sounds like a harmonic is hit and you fade it in with the bar and continue to vary the pitch with the bar. Do you have feedback generating the length of the sustain or is it done manual with something like an ebow/sustainer?

Comment

Thanks Charvelguy... In the section that sounds harmonic I'm actually using a slide on the high E. I just picked the notes on the beat so you can't really hear the picking of the strings during the transitions.

I was looking for a way to slide up/down some high notes smoothly and that seemed to work... but after listening to this again, I'm not really thrilled with the choice of notes there. I'll probably go re-do that part one of these days.

Comment

huh, fooled me, I do similar things with the bar and feedback from a sustainer, with delay and a quick vol swell it almost sounds the same effect....but I can hear the slide transistion now that you've described it.

It's a cool effect..I kinda thought the note choice from 1st to 6th was fine, after that, I first thought..ok, little weird there..but as an afterthought, I was thinking well.. the title is Nightmare, maybe it was intentionally that way.

Still.. some cool creative efforts...reminded me of Sabbath in some places, kinda Metallica in others.

Comment

Hey, my usually cranky Webtv terminal actually let me hear this one! Awesomely
                      aggresive tune, Annah! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Exactly the
                      type of metal I love! Great use of a slide in an unexpected way too! The type of thing Blackmore might do with a slide on a good day! Since Blackmore is one of my few idols, that's a GOOD thing!
                      [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Thats awesome Annah, nice playing. Love the intro

Comment

hey Annah!! You rule! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Killer! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I have to stop listening to you people at work. My boss keeps busting me doing obnoxius things (like head banging) at my desk. Oh well, what can you do when it rocks?
                            How do you think we fund this organization? We're not exactly the March of Dimes.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X